Author Topic: Rear sight Recommendations for EAA-Witness?  (Read 12523 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rear sight Recommendations for EAA-Witness?
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:07:11 AM »
I purchased an "almost new" Tanfoglio EAA-Witness .40S&W several months ago. The Wonderfinish is really sweet and the barrel and front slide is ported. (It was a deal, with 4 mags and case.)

Iit shoots great, fits my hand great, cocks & locks like a 1911, smaller than my M+P .40, and rapid fire drills are fast and smooth.

I let one of those IDPA guys take a "lap" with it on 5 targets, and I thought it was a different gun! :o He was one of those 1500rd.+ a month guys, and it really showed. I just humbly keep to my "poor boy" practice,...Sigh, C'mon Lottery!...

BUT, the rear sight is as high as a telephone pole, (to me), The front sight is fixed and fine, but with Fall coming, I would like to make it a CC pistol, and the current rear sight could be a snag, or air traffic control issue.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, but there is no missing the "WALL" of a rear sight on this thing.

I know there are a lot of "sights" on the market, but I want to get some advice from the DRTV thinktank.

Thank you very much, its appreciated.

Tom W.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Rear sight Recommendations for EAA-Witness?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:15:06 AM »
Go without it.............. all you really need is a front site anyway
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:28:31 AM »
Go without it.............. all you really need is a front site anyway

Pretty good idea. I saw here on the DRTV videos, a guy(can't remember his name) doing point shooting out to 75 yds with a 1911 with NO sights whatsoever. Pretty impressive!

In a SD situation, I don't think sights become an issue, especially at 7 yards, or less.
Thanks.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:34:17 AM »
Pretty good idea. I saw here on the DRTV videos, a guy(can't remember his name) doing point shooting out to 75 yds with a 1911 with NO sights whatsoever. Pretty impressive!

In a SD situation, I don't think sights become an issue, especially at 7 yards, or less.
Thanks.

D.R. Middlebrooks and the dicipline is called "fist fire".  There are some posts by him and I think some vids in the forums.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »
Doing the IDPA thing...I don't use the rear sight. Its a "flash" sight picture (front sight...trigger...front sight...trigger).
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:45:31 PM »

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »
Here are some options...

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=9&Categoryid=12961&categorystring=10636***10560***10408***

You'll probably have to replace the front sight as well to compensate for a lower rear sight.
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:31:46 PM »
You'll probably have to replace the front sight as well to compensate for a lower rear sight.

Thanks CZ, the front sight on this one is a Fixed, machined in sight, that can't be removed easily.

I would have to "maybe have it machined but it is pretty low already.

I know the pics are not the best, but this EAA has really grown on me, it feels good, and shoots good, and I appreciate the link for the rear, I'm gonna have to get one ASAP.

Thank you.

Tom W.
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk