Author Topic: The Royal Wedding. Who Cares?  (Read 5665 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
The Royal Wedding. Who Cares?
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:21:51 PM »
The royal wedding has been all over the media lately. Is anyone here watching? Do any of you care about it? When I checked tvguide.com to see what's on TV tonight, there's nothing I want to see, but the royal wedding coverage is on. BBC America started with a show in the wee hours of the morning that they'll repeat at the end of the coverage and commentary. The total time if I counted right was 27 hours 5 minutes straight. I'm sure some people will watch all or most of it. After throwing off the yoke of tyranny, I wonder what the founding fathers would think about Americans who worship and adore English royalty as if they were something special, almost godlike?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: The Royal Wedding. Who Cares?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 03:41:08 PM »
It's great theatre.  Reality theatre.  As in real reality.  It's also history.  My StageCraft friends are observing it for the production values.  (Were those ETCs or Chauvet PARs? What model iPad was the preacher using for his notes?  Could I have mixed the sound better?)

It's also a princess, fairy tale, so girls of all ages are sighing and repeating, "And they lived happily ever after."

My favorite meme is a picture of Daniel Craig standing behind the queen and the caption reads, "Make it look like a suicide, 007."  (In reference to the brides father.)   

Miss Kitty's 3rd cousin was a Herman's Hermit, but we didn't an invite.  Just to show I harbor no hard feelings though I might send the couple a his and hers matching pair of Bowie Knives engraved with the Gadsden Flag.    I'm waiting on the Mayor of London to say it's okay.

I've got other things to do, today, but  I'll see all the relevant postings on-line.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »
Yea, I’m related to Edward “Longshanks” and I dint got no invite neether!

Don’t care...  at least the boys have better eyes for women then ol’ Charlie!  Camilla ain’t no beauty!!!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 04:58:02 PM »
That whole thing is about as exciting as driving by a dead cat on the side of the road. The Brits could make a car accident boring.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
Bill is getting overenthusiastic in his old age....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:32:20 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »
 Most Americans look at this whole thing as an expensive, overplayed, boring, farce, that their government can't afford. The Brits can't stop slobbering over it, and this Meghan Markle. Who is going to the plate for her second at bat.

And just wait, she'll strike out again. It's only a matter of time before this marriage ends up just like Diana's and Fergie's did. Why? Because that old bitch of a "queen", is a complete nut case of a control freak, that every woman in that ridiculous "Palace" hates, and can't wait until she croaks. And I don't blame them.

Most all of this is being overplayed because of the racial component. That's it. This broad is half black. If this Harry guy was marrying a divorced, big busted, blond haired, blue eyed white girl, the press would be treating her like Trump. But because she's half black they can't slobber over her enough. All of this asinine political correctness makes me want to puke!

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »
My wife wasup at 0530 to watch it but she couldn't help herself. She is Canadian and thinks the Queens fart smell great. Me I got up around 0930.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 12:54:18 AM »
In the vast majority of the pictures I've seen Meghan Markle looks nowhere near 1/2 black. She either looks white, or what I refer to as not-quite white. Maybe 1/4 black, if that. My dad's grandparents were 100% Scottish, straight from from Scotland, and his exposed skin was always darker that half of the people who say they are 1/2 black. He worked outside a lot and had a farmer's tan where his arms were as dark as or darker than many "100% black" people I've seen. I hope Meghan Markle's slight darkness is giving the rest of the royal family fits.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 05:13:15 AM »
In the vast majority of the pictures I've seen Meghan Markle looks nowhere near 1/2 black.

Timothy

The Royal Wedding. Who Cares?
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 06:46:14 AM »
Harry is sixth in line of succession to the throne so I doubt they’re worried about the issue of the mixed race royals.

Besides, Liz's hubby,Phil, isn't even British!  He's Greek and Danish...

The whole thing is a bit phuqed up...and the queen can change the rules any time she wants!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk