Author Topic: Could this be the National Match Holy Grail ?? Thoughts please !  (Read 1810 times)

gun papa

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So, I bought this parts lot.  Now I have ha 1911s for about 20 plus years but I really had no complete knowledge of what I was buying.  Thanks to the power of the internet, I am understanding that this large group of parts were like falling into a time warp.  Within this group of parts is a unmolested National Match slide, several NM barrels, bushings, and Elliason rear sight.  The NM slide and 3 of the barrels are in the white.

The slide is marked NM7791435, the barrels NM7791414, which when you add the Elliason sight puts the parts in the 1966 era of the NM pistol program.

I cannot find these parts for sale ANYWHERE.  How do I find a value on these parts?  I am no gunsmith.  No way am I going to ruin these pieces of history.  Any info would be appreciated.  See link for picture.

Only the learned will know how badass this is. https://imgur.com/gallery/WNIbbnF

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Re: Could this be the National Match Holy Grail ?? Thoughts please !
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 08:53:11 AM »
The Elliason sight goes for around $150.00, The slide around $250.00 and the barrels about $140.00 and $30.00 each for the solid bushings
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 983
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »
Incredible find, IMHO!!!!

May be older than 1966 because some military models had fixed sights with adjustable as an option as early as 1959.
Some were made by Colt's and some by a company called Drake Manufacturing Co.

IF that is a Drake slide, it is RARE and valuable:
Drake made slides only for use by the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit to allow assembly of match guns. The 1964 National Match pistols are unique as it was the only year the armory used Drake slides which are specially machined and hardened. According to Springfield Armory records only 800 pistols were produced in 1964 (Considered to be one of the rarest and most desired variations) and only 195 sold to civilians through the DCM.

More info here:

https://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/nm.htm

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

gun papa

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 01:03:35 PM »
Not a Drake.  Cage code returns to North Country Engineering.  Thanks though.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 444
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 02:37:43 PM »
So, I bought this parts lot.  <snip>

So, by any wild chance, was there a '70s split bushing in the pile?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

gun papa

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 07:56:38 PM »
Yes there is a series 70 split bushing. It is with a Colt series 70 barrel and slide.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk