Author Topic: Mr. Bane's opinion required on Bull's Eye Sistema  (Read 2397 times)

gun papa

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mr. Bane's opinion required on Bull's Eye Sistema
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:40:46 PM »
Mr. Bane or whoever else can shed some light on this, what do you think about this Sistema slide?

I found what appears to be a Bull's Eye modified Sistema slide.  It looks 70's or 80's modification. I cannot for the life of my understand the milling area forward of the ejection port.  Can anyone tell me in firm terms what it is for?

I know Michael was into this kind of thing in the 70's.  I don't know if I like it or I am mortified  by it.  See images.  Thanks GP
1980's incarnation bull's eye Sistema slide https://imgur.com/gallery/NlEjNFQ

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Re: Mr. Bane's opinion required on Bull's Eye Sistema
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
I'm not Mr. Bane, But what it looks like to me is a milled dovetail for a scope mount of some kind.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »
yeah.... for a tip off mount as typically used by .22s... the comp is a very early one by Mike Plaxco or a copy of one of his

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 983
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 03:45:14 PM »
I'm not Mr. Bane, But what it looks like to me is a milled dovetail for a scope mount of some kind.

yeah.... for a tip off mount as typically used by .22s... the comp is a very early one by Mike Plaxco or a copy of one of his

Yep.

This thing screams "80's Bullseye" when red dot scopes began to creep into competition. When I first started to compete you had to go to a big regional match to see early versions of dot scopes. Within two years, half the guys at our local monthly match had them.

How 'bout that Bo-Mar rear sight?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »

How 'bout that Bo-Mar rear sight?

Looks more like a Millitt, I have one on an Auto Ordinance slide.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:01:05 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1021
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
Looks more like a Millitt, I have one on an Auto Ordinance slide.

It says BO-MAR on the side of the sight. And there's no "I" in ordnance. It's a common mistake and will not be on a test later.  ;)

P.S. When I was in the army, one of the unit armorers I knew ordered several National Match BO-MAR rear sights, and one or two may or may not have followed me home.  :-X
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 06:31:00 PM »
You're correct on the Bomar markings, I didn't scroll down far enough to see that , as for the misspelling of Ordnance I blame auto correct.   ;D ;D

-Sheriff Jim Wilson

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1021
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 12:09:43 AM »
Auto correct gives people the correct spelling of the wrong words all the time.

There are ordinances regulating ordnance.

I went to the United States Army Ordnance and Chemical Center & Schools, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Try saying that fast. At least I thought it was ordnance and chemical but "and" was never there in the abbreviation. Somewhere I have a picture of myself wearing a crimson T-shirt with the ordnance branch bomb, AKA flaming piss-pot, and USAOCC&S in yellow.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 08:08:43 AM »
I typed Vietmanese on the first half dozen reports I sent out as my fingers automatically typed "man"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 983
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
The Millet's are a bit different. This is on my old bullseye gun.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk