Author Topic: Getting A Building Permit  (Read 9303 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Getting A Building Permit
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2018, 08:57:47 AM »
This morning I had the rough framing inspection  on a house I am building.   The guy was super nice, thanked  me for using the color coated nails(requirement  in lots of areas, not here yet, but it makes life easier)  was in and out in 45 mins. 

Tab, I gotta ask, I've heard of color-coated nails for siding, but what are the ones used for rough work? I did a quick search online but came up with nothing.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
The regulators need to be constrained.  However, we keep electing politicians who are primarily lawyers on one hand or who are totally incompetent on the other hand...they should be reigning in these jerks based on public feedback.  Totally out-of-hand this permitting process. 

I like the rural areas where I can do what I want without "kissing the ring".  The permitting process is generally sold as protection for individuals having work done or the public from errant projects....however it's mostly just a taxation and employment scheme for relatives and buds. 

You did hit on the farm thing Peg.  I have some land in Arkansas I want to put in an outdoor shower and put in a pad to put the RV on and I know getting electricity will lead to the electric company to tell the county to tax me.  So...I'm going to build a "barn" and have the electricity run to it.  After they leave I'll put in my 50 Amp service and sewer for the RV.  Jerks....

My friend has one of those outdoor showers behind a shed he uses as a snowmobile garage. He bought 3 6'x8' panels of stockade fence and some posts, and stained everything. The back of the garage is the 4th wall. My job was holding things and helping to carry them, etc. After putting the panels in place he added a pair of big hinges and cut one panel to make a door and put a latch on it. The whole thing is lined with heavy duty tar paper. The floor is reused concrete pavers about 6"x12" on a bed of sand. I hauled the pavers over on the back of my ATV and handed them to him after they were cleaned off, and he placed them all. The whole enclosure is less than 8'x8', maybe 8'x7', because a tree was in the way. The shower runs off a 20# propane tank. A couple of years ago he and his new neighbor got electricity run back to their cabins, so we don't have to run a big generator for the well. This set up is 1,000 times better than the hanging water jugs we used before. He used to have a motor-home but got it towed to the junk yard last summer.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »
The regulators need to be constrained.  However, we keep electing politicians who are primarily lawyers on one hand or who are totally incompetent on the other hand...they should be reigning in these jerks based on public feedback.  Totally out-of-hand this permitting process. 

I like the rural areas where I can do what I want without "kissing the ring".  The permitting process is generally sold as protection for individuals having work done or the public from errant projects....however it's mostly just a taxation and employment scheme for relatives and buds. 

You did hit on the farm thing Peg.  I have some land in Arkansas I want to put in an outdoor shower and put in a pad to put the RV on and I know getting electricity will lead to the electric company to tell the county to tax me.  So...I'm going to build a "barn" and have the electricity run to it.  After they leave I'll put in my 50 Amp service and sewer for the RV.  Jerks....
the laws I really love for the ones that are designed to protect us from ourselves. Recently the law was changed to where you can not install smoke detectors with replaceable batteries of course the new ones are seven times more expensive than the old ones.  I can totally understand the reason for this change but it still bugs the f*** out of me that I have to do things because they're idiots out there they don't know how to replace a 9-volt battery
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2018, 08:48:40 PM »
<snip> it still bugs the f*** out of me that I have to do things because they're idiots out there they don't know how to replace a 9-volt battery

The same people who think they need the government.  Paid for and maintained by the US Government with your tax money to provide votes for slimeball politicians.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 11:25:59 PM »
Those are the same people warning labels are made for, such as do not use a hair dryer in the bathtub or shower. If they're dumb enough to do it, I say let them. Our species needs more culling of the herd, not less.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:14:06 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 03:18:22 AM »
Tab, I gotta ask, I've heard of color-coated nails for siding, but what are the ones used for rough work? I did a quick search online but came up with nothing.
http://www.finehomebuilding.com/2002/02/01/tool-review-color-coded-pneumatic-nails

It is so you can tell what is there by a glance
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »
Those are the same people warning labels are made for, such as do not use a hair dryer in the bathtub or shower. If they're dumb enough to do it, I say let them. Our species needs more culling of the herd, not less.

Also the reason we have usage directions on shampoo.

I agree....let the nature of stupidity cull the herd......the only negative is that in some circumstances, I have seen the actions of stupid people take out someone who didn't deserve it and the idiot lived.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 03:46:46 PM »
The directions on my shampoo said Lather, Rinse, Repeat. So what did I do?

Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse.

If I wasn't out of shampoo I'd still be in the shower!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2018, 04:06:41 PM »
The directions on my shampoo said Lather, Rinse, Repeat. So what did I do?

Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse, Lather, Rinse.

If I wasn't out of shampoo I'd still be in the shower!

:o :o :o :o :o

;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 12:22:34 AM »
You should have seen how clean it got my oily hair!  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk