Author Topic: Getting A Building Permit  (Read 9236 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: Getting A Building Permit
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »
You should have seen how clean it got my oily hair!  8)

Squeaky clean, I expect.......maybe not as squeaky as washing with Dawn (yes, I had to thanks to an entire tube of warm moly grease plopping onto my head).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »
It could be worse Peg. I once had to buy a big can of GOJO, no pumice, thank you very much, to wash gasoline off most of my body. I had to replace the filler hose thingie on my van after some idiot parked his motorcycle under the gas tank. I didn't think about how it was attached halfway between the top and bottom of my gas tank. I probably didn't dump more than 15 gallons on myself, but it wouldn't wash off with soap and water.

We've got some mighty fine drifting going on in this thread.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 06:34:28 PM »
I spent two years of high school working in a ten bay, full service Firestone garage.  Hair past my shoulders dragging under car chassis’s all afternoon, covered with grease from head to foot...

Only one bathroom for four people (there were seven but they’d move out) and only a bathtub, no shower!

One bath to degrease, get out, scrub the grease ring from the tub, fill and take another bath!  Palmolive would be the shampoo!

Four or five days a week I’d shower again at school or my gal wouldn’t get near me...

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »
Definitely great thread drifting here.  ;D
(we do it so well, but at least it keeps the threads going. I hate stagnation).  ;D ;D ;D

Like Tim, I had hair down to nearly my belt and worked around a lot of grease, oil and carbon in an industrial facility. Being in maintenance and engineering, I was in it every day. Bathing with Lava soap (great for exfoliation,  ;) ) and Dawn was routine (but the worst was the moly mentioned above).
With hair that long and washing with Dawn, I had to stock up on conditioner.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 05:08:35 PM »
"Definitely great thread drifting here.  ;D"

We have to do something while waiting for Bill's stucco to dry. I figure we have at least 2 more days.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:58:59 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »
Back in the day....1966ish....I was stationed in Germany and the water in the barracks was extremely hard.  Every soap would turn to scuzz upon contact with it..no lather could be had when washing your hands or in the shower....except with Zest.  It was the only soap I found that would lather in that hard water. 

Stuck with it through the years and it worked in the couple of places I lived with hard water...still use it today.

Second thing is about liquid soap vs. bar soap.   Bar soap stays as a bar because of additives that also leave scuz on your shower door and walls and bathtub.  That is why liquid shampoo was recommended..the scuz would be left on your hair too.

Now, using a liquid bath soap will reduce your shower/bathtub clean up by a large amount.   It can also be used as a shampoo without the drawbacks....

I still use Zest, liquid now days.

So, how is that for major drift???
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »
I salute you Major Drift. My friends use liquid soap when we go camping. My problem with it is that it takes longer to rinse off, and my hands feel a bit slimy instead of clean. That's using cold water from a barrel. Maybe it works better with hot water, I don't know. I used to take my own bar of soap until the lid broke off of my plastic soap dish that was made for camping. I looked in some stores that had camping gear but couldn't find one, so now I just use whatever liquid soap is sitting out.

Coincidentally the last soap I bought was Zest. I was using Rite-Aid soap that looked sort of like Dove before that. I had to quit using deodorant soap because it made me itchy no matter how long I stayed in the shower to rinse off. And I spend a lot of time rinsing off.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 04:38:49 AM »
Well, to get back on track for just a minute. They finished my wall project yesterday. The guy came in the morning to paint, and the other guy came to hang the R.V gate later in the afternoon. Everything went well. It really looks nice, and gives me a lot more room to securely store things.

They poured the driveway concrete on March 10th. Job complete May 19th. Digging, permits, inspections, material deliveries, and so forth. But it's all been worth it. Now I'm done with projects. I'll probably give everything a good pressure washing next week sometime. We haven't had any measurable rain around here in months. So you can imagine things are getting pretty dusty.

Timothy

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »
Just curious Bill but does the improvement add enough value to your property to pay for the project in that area of the country?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2018, 10:33:05 AM »
Just curious Bill but does the improvement add enough value to your property to pay for the project in that area of the country?

I would say yes, in that it really gives the home much more parking and storage area, that would otherwise be pretty much useless. Especially because I only have a 2 car garage. Many people have 3 or more cars. Plus pop up campers, boats, etc. This gives secure, protected, discrete storage for all of the above.

That and the fact it didn't really cost that much. Around $2,800.00 for the additional concrete. And an another $3,300.00 for the block wall and the R.V. gate. So all total call it just north of $6K. Today that is practically nothing as far as a home improvement project. It also makes the house that much more sellable over a similar model that doesn't have it. A bit like a pool around here. Although we have no plans to move.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk