Author Topic: Getting A Building Permit  (Read 9290 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Getting A Building Permit
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 02:26:03 PM »
Well, they started digging the footing for my wall today. Hopefully they'll have it all dug out and the rebar set by sometime tomorrow. Then he told me I have to call for an inspection before they can pour the concrete for the footing. That should take a day.

After that cures they start laying the blocks for the wall. He say's it all should take about a week and a half. I'm guessing 2 weeks including the stucco and paint. Plus hanging the gate. We'll see.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »
They will have to let the stucco cure for at least two weeks before they can paint it. If they're doing a color coat same day
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
He mentioned that. He said the stucco gives up moisture very slowly. This time of year it's over 100 daily with humidity around 4% to 7% in the mid afternoon. So it may take a little less time.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 05:15:37 PM »
It is not just that. It is very alkaline,  it really needs to be bellow a ph  of 11 for paint too stick. 8 is better

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »
This morning I had the rough framing inspection  on a house I am building.   The guy was super nice, thanked  me for using the color coated nails(requirement  in lots of areas, not here yet, but it makes life easier)  was in and out in 45 mins. 

Generally speaking, in smaller departments ( note I said departments  not cites, as bend and the city of Sacramento  have similar populations,)  you tend too get people that k ow what they are doing and are generally nice. Funny how that works, like that for most government agencies.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:27:51 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 11:59:54 PM »
Stucco is something I don't see a lot of. I can think of one house I've seen in the city that's stuccoed, but I don't get out much.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 04:34:13 AM »
They finished the digging and rebar yesterday. I called for an inspection today. I have no idea what time. We'll see how that goes.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 02:51:16 PM »
The inspector green tagged the permit, and they poured the footing yesterday. So the work continues.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »
The regulators need to be constrained.  However, we keep electing politicians who are primarily lawyers on one hand or who are totally incompetent on the other hand...they should be reigning in these jerks based on public feedback.  Totally out-of-hand this permitting process. 

I like the rural areas where I can do what I want without "kissing the ring".  The permitting process is generally sold as protection for individuals having work done or the public from errant projects....however it's mostly just a taxation and employment scheme for relatives and buds. 

You did hit on the farm thing Peg.  I have some land in Arkansas I want to put in an outdoor shower and put in a pad to put the RV on and I know getting electricity will lead to the electric company to tell the county to tax me.  So...I'm going to build a "barn" and have the electricity run to it.  After they leave I'll put in my 50 Amp service and sewer for the RV.  Jerks....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 07:04:04 AM »
The wall is finished. He did a beautiful job. Monday he'll do the stucco. Then be back in a week or so to prime and paint it. Hanging the gate will be last. From this point on it's all, "work & wait".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk