Author Topic: TV shows watched by democrats and republicans  (Read 6220 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
TV shows watched by democrats and republicans
« on: April 08, 2018, 12:26:33 PM »
I've seen the same type of infographics seen here comparing other differences between democrats and republicans. I'm not typical of either party. Of the 5 shows democrats are more likely to watch, I've never seen a single episode of any of them. Of the 5 shows republicans are more likely to watch, I think I saw the first 1 or 2 of 6 seasons of Last Man Standing, Antiques Roadshow several years ago, no college football ever, a few minutes of NASCAR while waiting for the next show to start, and the first season of Survivor. I don't currently watch any of the 5 shows that either democrats or republicans are more likely to watch.

Of the Top 10 shows on TV shown here for democrats, I watched one episode of Big Bang Theory after someone kept saying what a great and funny show it was. I didn't laugh once at that stupid show. I've never seen a single episode of any of the other 9 shows. Of the Top 10 shows on TV shown here for republicans, it's the same exact thing. I think I watch 5-6 hours of TV a day on average, but don't watch any of the most popular shows that democrats or republicans watch. BTW, I don't watch Rosanne either, but I think I saw a little bit of it when it was on years ago.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/roseanne-tv-reboot-reveals-latest-divides-red-blue-america-n863706
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: TV shows watched by democrats and republicans
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 01:06:51 PM »
Don't watch any of the shows on any of the lists.

I used to follow Big Bang Theory but then whats-her-name slammed gun owners so I stopped supporting her show.

I really don't watch any shows while they are airing.....I have the TV on while I am awake and home...but just tuned to the local Fox channel for background noise. 

Anything I am interested in, I DVR to watch on my schedule, not theirs. 

I have just set Rossanne to recorde, and watched the first episode I captured...not bad, but nothing great.  I will keep it on my DVR schedule even if I delete each episode unwatched just to giver her a rating boost.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 03:02:02 PM »
Where is Jeopardy in all this?  And what does that mean?

I love NCIS.  And who does not like Fixer Upper's Chip & Jo?  I'm a football, 'merican football fan.  Don't get off on cars that only make left hand turns.  No to all network commedies, except LMS.  And no to all the reality shows, even ones like the Voice.  A pox on the TV writers for their strike.

Rosanne?  Both she and Goodman are lousy actors in this.  They have no subtlety nor finesse when delivering their lines.  They just shout out one joke after the other.  The kids, and grandkids do much better.  I'll continue to DVR it to support the issues, but not sure I'll watch too much of it. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »
Well heck, I like Shooting Gallery, Best Defense and Gun Stories!!!  I bet the libs don't watch those shows.

I also pick up some of the other shooting/hunting shows on OC and a couple other satellite channels. 

;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:20:16 PM »
"And who does not like Fixer Upper's Chip & Jo?" Uhm. People who have never even heard of them.

I don't watch Roseanne because no one has a gun to my head. I never could stand listening to her, even back when she was doing stand-up and not a TV show.

As far as shooting shows go, Outdoor Channel would add another 10 bucks a month to my cable bill. For $120 per year, I'll do without.

I can only think of one reality show that I watch, and that's Face Off on Syfy. Season 13 will run sometime this year.

My only experience with JAG was a female officer who said to me, "Oh, I've just been dying to meet you!", and that's when I knew I needed to hire a civilian lawyer. After my real life experience with JAG, I had no desire to see what Hollywood makes them out to be. The same goes for JAG's spinoff, NCIS. I've never seen either one of them.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:40:25 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 06:29:28 AM »
<snip>
I don't watch Roseanne because no one has a gun to my head. I never could stand listening to her, even back when she was doing stand-up and not a TV show.
<snip>

Exactly. 

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 06:43:46 AM »
<snip>
As far as shooting shows go, Outdoor Channel would add another 10 bucks a month to my cable bill. For $120 per year, I'll do without.
<snip>

Cable?  Have you ever thought about satellite?  Satellite is usually cheaper than cable and OC costs $3.50 a month on satellite. I think that gets me two other channels with shooting, hunting and fishing as well.  The least expensive package is like $60 a month that includes syfy...add for OC and still less than $65 a month.

Plus, cable I've seen is funky.  It's a mix of high definition and squashed video that stretches out to the sides or compresses in.  I don't have that with the satellite...that alone is worth the price of admission.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 01:06:03 PM »
I have thought about satellite. AT&T wants me to bundle DIRECTV and their "high speed" internet with my home phone service. I just went to speedtest.net and my actual download speed from Comcast is a fraction over 94 times faster than the best that AT&T offers in my area. So that bundle is out of the question. Outdoor Channel comes with the DIRECTV Premiere Package for $110 a month for 12 months, then $181 a month for the next 12 months, then whatever they want to charge afterward. That's for TV service only. I didn't see anything about adding Outdoor Channel to a lower priced package. I'm already paying $69.95 a month for cable, and that's enough. There's no way I'm going to pay an extra $1,332.60 a year to watch a few shooting shows per week. My monthly bill would be about 2.6 times higher than it is now.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 01:11:24 PM »
I have a different perspective on this. On this us conservatives that actually believe in rights are too damn tired when they get home from work to watch TV.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 08:00:28 PM »
I wouldn't bundle...ever.

You have to go to the link below and scroll down to see what the packages have.  The $35/month (actually $56.50 a month after the special goes off in year two) has SyFy and FoxNews.  $3.50 a month to ADD the  Outdoor Channel to the package.  $60/month for two years.  Not $145 average and less than the $69.95 you are paying now.

You don't have to buy Premier to get OC.  Their website is intentionally confusing.  I like Dish better, but when they dropped Fox in a dispute for a week or so and would not refund me anything I dropped their ass.  I'll go back to them one day....I think you can get more channels for about the same money as Directv plus the $3-5 buck a month OC adder.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/packages/overview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk