Author Topic: Credo Mobile  (Read 1310 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Credo Mobile
« on: April 07, 2018, 03:20:54 PM »
I will hand it to them.   They're up front and working hard to support their causes.

What it is:  A mobile phone company that uses it's profits for progressive  causes.  They're based in San Francisco and buy air from Verizon. 

https://www.credomobile.com

Interesting in how they choose their "causes".   Each month they list three progressive organizations and split $150k between them.  The way they split the money is by allowing on-line voting.  The money is split proportionate to the voting.   

This month, April 2018, the causes are:  Oil Change Int, People's Justice and Brady Center.   They list them as standing for, in order, climate justice, economic justice and peace.   (Of course those of us on the 2nd A side see Brady as standing for either totalitarianism or civil chaos.)

Now what's real interesting, is you don't have to be a customer of Credo to vote.   If I were Credo I'd only let those contributing to the profits, the customers, have a vote.   Anybody, willing to give their name and email, can cast a vote for, or against, any particular cause.   Credo's going to give the money away.  Just a matter of which cause gets how much. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk