Author Topic: How Much Is Collected In Taxes Yearly ??  (Read 7814 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: How Much Is Collected In Taxes Yearly ??
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »
I was reviewing my tax return for the last year this morning. I have 17 diesel trucks of varying sizes. We drove 512000 miles last year and consumed just over 34000 gallons of Highway diesel fuel. Now the federal tax rate on diesel fuel is 24.4 cents a gallon, state is .$.34. Some areas have local, but that is a lot harder too figure out so we don't go there.   So in just my fuel usage, the federal is 8296, state is 11560, for a total of $19856.   Just in fuel taxes!  I dropped $20k in f....k taxes on diesel.   I also had another 7k gallons of off hwy use fuel, but that is taxed differently.

Now here is the gross part, average price at the pump was ~$2.64.  So roughly 22% was tax.  Think about that, next time you are at the pump, ~25% is tax.

Ps I really wish I had not seen that.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 01:10:13 PM »
Wow. I almost used the lord's name in vain when I read that.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 11:46:28 AM »
Found this today. Found it interesting:

Headline is: Feds Collect Record Individual Income Taxes Through March; Still Run $599.7B Deficit

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-individual-income-taxes-through-march-still-run
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 06:19:44 AM »
<snip>
Now here is the gross part, average price at the pump was ~$2.64.  So roughly 22% was tax.  Think about that, next time you are at the pump, ~25% is tax.
<snip>

There was roughly 12 cents already added to it by virtue of severance tax.  Add to that the transportation taxes of crude oil, refinery taxes, etc. and it's easily another 20 cents a gallon.  So you are actually 30% in direct taxes on that. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 01:58:31 PM »
Just mailed my return/ check.  For how much I have them you would think they could have paid for the stamp.

I was just thinking  what it took for me too oh them,  the profit I made from my largest invoice...  3.8x. Or too put it another wat ~14000 man hours .  Yes, that is 14000 man hours.  My biggest project had ~3700 man hours, billed.

I am not a drinking man, but I need a drink.

Ps, yes I know I did very well last year and many people are struggling, I still only made bout 40% more then my highest paid employee.... of which he worked less hours, free truck, fuel, tools and he to pay zero of the costs.  Feels great.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:06:34 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 09:49:49 PM »
I already spent my 2017 refund of $467 .... I bought a Mossberg Shockwave 12 ga, just to piss off the liberals I occasionally eat with... In my best Flip Wilson voice... " the devil made me do it, honey"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »
I just entered a contest to win a Shockwave a little while ago. If I could remember where I'd share a link to it. I think I got $13 back from the state. I can use that to pay my city taxes and have $2 left.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 09:33:21 AM »
A few years ago someone asked me if I didn't feel guilty for digging and using every deduction for which I was even remotely eligible. 

I asked them: "if you came home from work and there was a pickup truck parked out front filled with your belongings, how guilty would you feel trying to grab as much out of the truck as you could before it pulled away?"

This thread really shows how true that analogy is.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 10:29:22 AM »
A few years ago someone asked me if I didn't feel guilty for digging and using every deduction for which I was even remotely eligible. 

I asked them: "if you came home from work and there was a pickup truck parked out front filled with your belongings, how guilty would you feel trying to grab as much out of the truck as you could before it pulled away?"

This thread really shows how true that analogy is.
there are two kinds of people that say they pay all their taxes. Liars and fools, which one are you?

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1421
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 02:09:36 PM »
there are two kinds of people that say they pay all their taxes. Liars and fools, which one are you?

Probably a little of both but I also will find EVERY deduction I can remotely find. I don't want to pay the Dumbocrats and welfare weasels anymore than I have to.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk