Author Topic: intresting question....  (Read 2011 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
intresting question....
« on: April 02, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »
So I was talking with a sub contractor today about actually going out hunting... when he asked me a question that I really had to think about hard.  How many of your friends don't own guns?

for me that number is 2.

the 1st guy has a stupid felony on his record(illegal fire worksm we are all guilty of that at some point, he just got caught)

the 2nd one is her husband is on probation for something.( not sure what.)

I just thought it was a very interesting question,  I have several very liberal friends, but they are not the crazy liberal kind, the ones that are in reality, just lean left.  funny thing they all own guns for 1 reason, to protect themselves from crazy people.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: intresting question....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 04:16:22 PM »
Quite a few actually.  But I'm working on them.

One interesting Facebook friend posts pro Hillary, pro Obama stuff, and is an outspoken supporter of other liberal issues.  However, about every other month or so he post pictures of himself and his son at the range shooting a Glock.  I keep him as a face book friend because a) there's hope & b) he's the music teacher at my granddaughter's school.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 06:01:52 PM »
A boatload of people I know that I don’t really consider friends here in Massachusetts.  I have about zero or so friends in the Northeast!

Back home or elsewhere in the lower 48?  Damn near all of them own at least something to hunt with.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 06:45:36 PM »
Zero. People who don't own guns aren't my friends. But I don't have many friends.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 11:02:03 PM »
3, maybe 4, but they all support gun ownership. One is like Tab's friend, he has a felony, because he tried to co operate with the police when a friend of a friend of his left some of his property stored in his garage. It turns out it was stolen, My Friend was questioned by the police without a Lawyer and they charged him as an accessory to the crime. He wasn't even in the state when the guy committed his crime. I learned from what happens to him to never talk to the police unless I have a lawyer with me.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:44:38 PM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1422
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 07:56:17 AM »
I work in a Liberal rich environment (A public defenders office) and have some "friends" from there that are extremely anti-gun and of course gun-ignorant by choice and do NOT want to learn. What I find interesting is most, not all, of the attorneys, are anti-gun but most, not all of the support staff are to one degree or another pro-gun. I tend to be fairly vocal so they know where I stand.

I just try to remain on good working terms with those that wish to remain ignorant to make my job easier ( I am THE I.T. guy). We have about 10 investigators which quite a few are ex-police or ex-corrections people. 3/4 of them are pro-gun. When any of the anti's start talking down guns I simply offer to bring them out to my house and show them what they are fighting. None have taken me up on that offer yet. Quite a few of the pro-gun people have.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 08:36:31 AM »
as a retired high school classroom teacher, my situation was similar to ar154me's....those that I ate with knew I shot competition, but had no idea of what USPSA or 3 gun was about... after the Columbine tragedy, a couple of them asked my opinion about home protection, and I was asked to be on the school's committee to re evaluate our emergency plan...

I had one convert for sure... a vocal anti gun lady, whose husband was a neighboring county's parole system administrator, had a violent parolee stalk her 8yr old daughter....after a couple of after school talks, she returned home with an 870 and a hacksaw

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
There are some circumstances when you can petition to have your rights to own guns restored after certain felonies. I have a friend/neighbor who had a lower level felony against him from being in the wrong place with the wrong people. He filed the papers through a lawyer to have the felony record expunged along with three letters of character reference (I wrote one of them) and waited for an appointment to appear before a federal judge. It took about six months, but his record was expunged and his rights were restored.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk