Author Topic: Hollandm  (Read 2392 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Hollandm
« on: March 26, 2018, 05:29:40 PM »
Here is an old fart that hangs around quietly in the corner.  I don't know how you can check this place out for ten years and only post a couple times a year  :o

Happy Birthday Old Man!!!

Hope you have a good one, and don't have the big one in the process.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

hollandm

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hollandm
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 03:22:35 PM »
Thank you. I'm still quietly hanging around.  Yesterday hit the 3/4 century mark for me.  Beer & wings with the guys tonight.

Timothy

Hollandm
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 03:34:14 PM »
Thank you. I'm still quietly hanging around.  Yesterday hit the 3/4 century mark for me.  Beer & wings with the guys tonight.

I’m terrible with fractions but Happy Birthday anyway!

I’m about an 9/64 of a century younger, BTW!

LOL

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:56:45 PM »
Happy Birthday Mike. Once we hit the 3/4 mark I'd say it is all down hill from here but that is at 50 so I guess the ride just gets even faster heading for the bottom.   KEN

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 07:59:00 PM »
Well Happy Three Quarters Birthday.

Couple of things older folks have as an advantage over younger ones.

1. is that younger folks are getting older faster than we are...For example   If you are 60 and a young one is 30, you are twice as old as then are.  BUT!!  In 1 year you will be 61 and they will be 31...now you are LESS than twice their age.   

2.  If you check actuaries you will find that you, at 75, are given better odds of reaching 76 than a 25 year old.

What is all really means is that WE have had those years, those experiences, those ups and down, good and bad and all in between...guaranteed and under our belts...while anyone younger might not have as many years to "live". 

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:38:31 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk