Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 5206 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Taxes
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »
Several guys I work with will give MORE money out of their check than what the drunken uncle wants and hope for a larger refund!

Single income, no kids expecting about 6.5k back...  It makes no sense!

Boy number 1 is a quality control engineer fro Chrysler. (I don't think he finds much in the way of quality) He grosses around 140K per, and gets 12-15K in refunds. I've tried to explain the issue to him. He thinks of it as a forced savings account. One of these days his ass will get bitten hard enough for him to listen. Maybe. Doubt it.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 05:55:40 PM »
I’ve told these guys the gov don’t care for that stuff but they say they can’t save money any other way!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »
I’ve told these guys the gov don’t care for that stuff but they say they can’t save money any other way!
is it really that hard to set up a bank account that you have to physically go into the branch to withdraw funds from?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 06:45:50 PM »
is it really that hard to set up a bank account that you have to physically go into the branch to withdraw funds from?

Apparently it is...  actually, I can do all my banking from my recliner including deposits!  Take a pic of the check and click. 

It’s about self control!  They don’t have any.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 06:48:53 PM »
That is pretty sad.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:22:59 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 11:01:25 PM »
Apparently it is...  actually, I can do all my banking from my recliner including deposits!  Take a pic of the check and click. 

It’s about self control!  They don’t have any.

People don't send me checks very often, but I get cash back checks on one of my credit cards a few times a year. I have direct deposit on everything possible, and always have. I had direct deposit in the army too, and my money was always in the bank the day before payday. There were always a bunch of schmucks lined up around the block on payday waiting to cash their checks, while I already had cash in my pocket from the ATM. Those guys missed a lot of lunches while standing in line. If you saw me you'd know I haven't missed a lot of meals.

I have all of my monthly bills either charged to a credit card that I get interest on, or taken directly out of my checking or savings account. I can't remember what year I last wrote a check, but it's been a little while. The register in my checkbook has a little calendar on it for 2004, 2005 and 2006. I don't think I've balanced my checkbook in about 15 years. If I do write a check I go online and transfer some money from my savings to cover it, and I always know how much is in my account.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 12:57:23 PM »
People don't send me checks very often, but I get cash back checks on one of my credit cards a few times a year. I have direct deposit on everything possible, and always have. I had direct deposit in the army too, and my money was always in the bank the day before payday. There were always a bunch of schmucks lined up around the block on payday waiting to cash their checks, while I already had cash in my pocket from the ATM. Those guys missed a lot of lunches while standing in line. If you saw me you'd know I haven't missed a lot of meals.

I have all of my monthly bills either charged to a credit card that I get interest on, or taken directly out of my checking or savings account. I can't remember what year I last wrote a check, but it's been a little while. The register in my checkbook has a little calendar on it for 2004, 2005 and 2006. I don't think I've balanced my checkbook in about 15 years. If I do write a check I go online and transfer some money from my savings to cover it, and I always know how much is in my account.

About the only things I write checks for any more is church tithing and medical expenses (it is easier to show I've paid a bill when the idiots at our local hospital send duplicate bills). Everything else is done either via automatic monthly drafts or online by me. A box of check last me a long time.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
About the only things I write checks for any more is church tithing and medical expenses (it is easier to show I've paid a bill when the idiots at our local hospital send duplicate bills). Everything else is done either via automatic monthly drafts or online by me. A box of check last me a long time.

Ditto...  medical last month alone was about a grand...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
See I do almost everything by check.   It makes record keeping so much easier.   Now building materials That are not account based are cc.  Everything  account based gets. Monthly check

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »
See I do almost everything by check.   It makes record keeping so much easier.   Now building materials That are not account based are cc.  Everything  account based gets. Monthly check

If I was in your business I’d do much the same.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk