Author Topic: Help with Detonics ServiceMaster  (Read 2396 times)

gun papa

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help with Detonics ServiceMaster
« on: March 21, 2018, 08:35:07 PM »
I fell into a great deal on a Detonics ServiceMaster with box.  Its very new.  The recoil springs, all 3 are good for now.  I see that Wolff Guns rings makes the Detonics CombatMaster recoil spring, but I cannot find any information on recoil springs for this very, very nice gun.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/uDuHgG1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZR50U0n.jpg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1071
Re: Help with Detonics ServiceMaster
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 10:24:56 PM »
I'm not sure what springs you need for it but Wolff Gunsprings is a great company to deal with. At least they were for me. Tell them what you have and they can hook you up. The website is easy to remember too. gunsprings.com.

ETA: They have a Detonics Combatmaster page right here. Maybe the Servicemaster has the same setup?  https://www.gunsprings.com/DETONICS/cID1/mID17/dID98
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:48:59 PM »
I looked around a bit and it looks like the Servicemaster is a Commander size pistol, but with multiple recoil springs, like the smaller Combat Master. Wolff makes a single spring to replace the dual springs in the Combat Master, so you should also be able to use a single recoil spring in your Servicemaster too. Like a Commander length of 20 pounds or so.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 11:26:32 AM »
I used to own a Detonics .45, wish I neder sold it. Jumbo Frank is correct, you can change it to a single spring and the gun won't know the difference.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »
the years I shot 1911's in .45, I always had better results with ISMI springs

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:30:49 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 03:40:25 PM »
You may also want to try a variable power spring instead of a conventional one. My aluminum frame full size Para Ordnance kit came with an 18 pound spring instead of the standard 1911 16 pound spring. Later I replaced it with an 18.5 pound variable power spring. It works great and seems to me no harder to rack the slide than my Colt 1911 was with a 16 pound spring.

Factory standard for a Commander is 18 pounds with either a conventional or variable power spring, but you may want to go a pound or 2 heavier. It depends on what kind of ammo you'll be using. I mostly shoot full power or +P loads in all my .45 ACPs. I can still shoot low power target loads but the extra power springs keep it from battering the frame like a standard spring would with heavier loads.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk