Author Topic: Great knife on Amazon deal of the day. Kershaw leek  (Read 3355 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Great knife on Amazon deal of the day. Kershaw leek
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:35:04 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009VC9Y0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521628376&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=31R9WiLp32L&ref=plSrch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009VC9Y0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521628376&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=31R9WiLp32L&ref=plSrch

One of my edc. They also have different  finishes as well.  Just ordered 20 of them for my guys
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

Re: Great knife on Amazon deal of the day. Kershaw leek
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
I’ve had a Leek for years!

Slender, kinda hard to hold with the brushed finish but stays razor sharp.  Mine’s the bimetallic blade.

It’s my dress up knife!

LOL

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
It says blade length: 3 inch, and describes the 3.5" blade. Which is it? I can legally carry a 3" blade (just barely), but not a 3.5". A lot of the knives I can carry have blades around 2.5", but not many have a 3" blade.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »
It’s a three inch blade, Frank.

This is the one I’ve had for probably 8 years.  Can’t find it at the moment...  this is the site photo..

Like I said, it’s slippery with the matte stainless frame!

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »
Jeez. That is a good deal! Just ordered it. Thx.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:39:05 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 06:38:59 PM »
TAB piqued my interest in another blade and I am a Kershaw fan...it's all I buy these days.  Nothing against Benchmade or others, just Kershaw is in my price point...

Well, it seems that Amazon has cut off shipping cutlery to the People Republic recently.  Every blade I viewed with the speed safe design is not available to be shipped to MA.  I didn't check fixed blades or kitchen cutlery since I have plenty of both..

Amazon, after years of purchase history, is really starting to piss me off!  There is nothing in MA state law that prevents me from owning an assisted opening knife of any kind or length..

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 06:52:14 PM »
They can not ship toy guns too .ca any more.  But that's a .ca issue not a Amazon one
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 11:11:31 PM »
Apparently in Michigan I can't own an assisted opening knife, but switchblades are legal now. I'm not taking any chances on buying an assisted opening knife. I also don't like liner locks or frame locks, which I didn't know this one is. I don't want to put any body part in the path of the blade to unlock and start folding it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 05:21:43 AM »
I'm an Emerson Wave fan.   But Emerson is expensive and the quality varies somewhat.  However, Kershaw licensed the Wave feature and has a line of them.  Sadly they're made in China but they're 1/10 the price of either Emerson or Souther Grind.

So for those who are in states that restrict "assisted" opening blades look at this system.    Most opening systems take two steps to utilize.  One, remove blade from pocket.  Two, open blade. With the Wave it comes out of your pocket open.  One step.   The "wave", the hook catches on your edge of your pants as you pull it out.  Simplicity.  No springs, no buttons, extra parts.

I own the CQC4 and CQC1.  The later being my Sunday-go-to-meeting blade.  I'll add a CQC10 when I see one locally.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Kershaw-Emerson--1748 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »
This video has me wondering if the Kershaw Emerson is worth buying at any price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_NCHeXwPQQ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk