Author Topic: Are you ready for a trip to the sun?  (Read 2556 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Are you ready for a trip to the sun?
« on: March 08, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
Be a part of the first mission to touch the Sun!

Submit your name and it will be included in a memory card that will fly aboard the Parker Solar Probe spacecraft.

Come with us as we plunge through the Sun's atmosphere, 7-8 times closer to the surface than any spacecraft before it, facing brutal heat and radiation conditions—and ultimately providing humanity with the first-ever close-up view of a star.

My name will be on it. That's the closest I'll ever come to visiting a star. At it's closest approach to the sun, while the front of Parker Solar Probe's solar shield faces temperatures approaching 1,400° Celsius, about 2,550 degrees Fahrenheit, the spacecraft's payload will be near room temperature. And it will be going ~450,000 miles per hour (~125 miles per second) at the time.

http://parkersolarprobe.jhuapl.edu/News-Center/Show-Article.php?articleID=70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbWOmh_rRq0
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Are you ready for a trip to the sun?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 01:19:17 PM »
If I wanted to burn money I would go buy hickory chips for the smoker.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:36:26 PM »
If I wanted to burn money I would go buy hickory chips for the smoker.

???  I'm not burning any money.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »
Q:  But, how you gonna avoid burning up?

A:  We'll go at night! ;) 8) :o

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »

Crusader Rabbit

Or during an eclipse.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:58:45 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 06:30:11 AM »
Can't we just go around to the dark side?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »
 :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 05:56:56 PM »

Crusader Rabbit

Who said that?  I remember it!

Jethro from Beverly Hillbillies???
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk