Author Topic: Pocket Pistols  (Read 11832 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Pocket Pistols
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2018, 02:08:27 PM »
Cool video Alf. That looks just like my stainless LCP. I haven't gone any farther than taking the slide off mine and taking the barrel out. I hope I never need to. There are a lot more disassembly and operating videos that on that channel. 195 of them, I think. They cover some oddballs like a lemon squeezer, and Liberator pistol, as well as more common firearms. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3D2NwJzlEL6NBeM559bS3w/videos
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »
Alf... before I went with the Recluse and the G42/43, I carried the 3AT and LCP in a wallet holster from Sam Andrews, Andrews Custom Leather in Alachua, Fla... I carried in the right front pocket, so wanted the leather flap to prevent printing... I used a LEFT hand holster which is normally designed to be used in the rear pocket, putting the flap out in the front... the leather is very good, and will take a little time so the edges fold to help blur the square outline

it is not as easy to draw from as the Recluse as you need to get your hand behind the flap, and on the grip, but at the time Florida had a pretty strict requirement of  "no printing" or exposing your concealed blaster

http://www.andrewsleather.com/pocket.htm#wallet

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2018, 11:42:33 AM »
Andrews Leather makes holsters from traditional leather and exotic skins too. They make other things too. I took a look at their billfolds and decided exotic skins are out of my price range. I'd rather carry a nylon wallet at less than 1/10 the price. http://www.andrewsleather.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2018, 02:23:41 PM »
Perfect.  Thanks Les and Frank.    Andrews look exactly what I had in mind.

I'm being anal, but the Uncle Mike's adds over .2".  It's made of a soft material squishy material.  I've used it in the back pocket this weekend and it's fine, but I want something just a tad stiffer and thinner.

This looks like the ticket.   Though I may try making one first myself since I have a few scraps of leather around.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2018, 10:51:26 PM »
The Movies, Unique, Special pages of Andrews are worth checking out.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 06:32:38 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2018, 03:36:31 PM »
The safety on the M&P 380 SHIELD EZ can move to the on position while shooting and keep the gun from firing. Not an ideal situation for self defense. Smith & Wesson has come up with a new safety that's less likely to do that and is offering free upgrades. https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp-380-shield-ez-consumer-advisory

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2018, 08:44:04 PM »
I had no idea what an EZ was.  Had to look it up.   A small M&P in .380 with a grip safety.    No I don't have one.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-380-shield-ez-0

Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »
I had no idea what an EZ was.  Had to look it up.   A small M&P in .380 with a grip safety.    No I don't have one.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-380-shield-ez-0

Me neither, but someone reading this thread may have one, or be looking at them. I don't think there's a gun recall/upgrade thread so I posted it here. I still have an LCP, and my fancy PPK safe queen. Which reminds me, it's about time I changed my profile pic.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2018, 06:42:40 AM »
Love your PPK, Frank,

I've owned and carried several.  Even in "plain" blue I like their looks.
Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »
Love your PPK, Frank,

I've owned and carried several.  Even in "plain" blue I like their looks.

That was a stock photo shrunk down. The original pics of both sides looked better than anything I could take. There were only 1500 made. I downloaded some pics of someone's gun put couldn't post them because they were JPEG, not JPG.  ???  I tried converting them to other file types with Paint and couldn't get a good quality pic in a format and size that would work.

http://www.firearmdealersonline.com/Adv_Search_Model.asp?Manufacturer=Walther+PPKS+75th+Anniversary+Engraved

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk