Author Topic: Pocket Pistols  (Read 11888 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
Re: Pocket Pistols
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 10:37:54 AM »
You all can laugh if you wish but I always carry a Kel-Tec P-11. Less than 6 inches long and a little less than 22 ozs.  7+1 cap.

Has never given me any issue to not carry it, I have had it in my pocket every day for about 4 years.

In fairness, it is my backup piece as I usually carry a 1911 on my belt as primary.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1081
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 02:45:23 PM »
"Preferences would be under 16oz,  less than 5" long." Obviously none of the ~6"-7+" guns that have been recommended come close to that. There are pistols that meet the 5" length preferred, like the Kahr CW380 I mentioned.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:24 PM »
Is this going to be just a play toy, and not a self defense tool? I ask because I have 2 North American Arms Mini Revolvers, (one in .22 L.R., and one in .22 Magnum), and both are better in a fight than a sharp stick, but not by much. Same with my Bauer .25 Auto Baby Browning copy. The problem when you get that small, these things are all but impossible to hit anything with, at distances any greater than across a card table. And they have less stopping power than a mad woman with a rolling pin.

Agree with this.

I do carry the NAA as mentioned previously with three CCI snake shot rounds and two Aguilla HPs. It will dispatch a reptile adequately if close enough. It might deter a human, depending on the mindset of the human.

I forgot about the Baby Browning. I have an original pre-ban that belonged to my uncle. Its bark is worse than its bite, as in way louder than the punch it packs (but I still wouldn't want to be shot with it).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1081
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »
I have a .22 Magnum/.22 Long Rifle NAA mini with 2 cylinders. I guess you could carry the spare cylinder for a "speed load". Even the magnum size mini with the longer 1 5/8" barrel only weighs 6.5 ounces. One day I stuck it in my pants pocket and forgot about it. The next day when I got dressed I didn't even notice it was in there until I put my hand in my pocket. I put it in an ankle holster and walked around a little, and the weight was barely noticeable. A gun like that doesn't need to be accurate. It's a face gun. If the need arises, you stick it in someone's face and pull the trigger, without worrying about things like sight picture.

The boot grips that are available for it makes it much easier for me to hang on to, and without the bulk of the ridiculous looking oversize grips. I filed down the sides of my oversized grips to thin them down some but it didn't do any good. I haven't shot it with the boot grips on it yet but it has to be an improvement over the standard bird's head grips. For 5 bucks more you can get an engraved and checkered pair. They make a pair that will fit the .22 Short and LR too. https://northamericanarms.com/shop/accessories/magnum-boot-grip-w-engraving-2/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 12:35:48 AM »
How about a hidden gem: Colt Pocket 9.  Not on anyone’s radar, so they’re affordable. The gun that killed Colt.
That said, I don’t carry mine. I carry a Kahr PM9 or a Keltec 3AT.   I figure that parts might be hard to find for the Colt.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:15:38 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 07:30:49 AM »
How about a hidden gem: Colt Pocket 9.  Not on anyone’s radar, so they’re affordable. The gun that killed Colt.
That said, I don’t carry mine. I carry a Kahr PM9 or a Keltec 3AT.   I figure that parts might be hard to find for the Colt.
d

You and bills have got me broadening my search.  Thanks.

Of course, as I sit here with my SW M60 in its IWB, Comfortable and well concealed under my t-shirt I wonder if I really do need something smaller.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »

Now I understand GunBroker.com isn't the end-all in pricing, but they are offering the Colt Pocket 9 for $1400.00.  That's not quite in the "affordable" range around my wallet.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 08:12:50 AM »
Overload... check your (unloaded) P3AT for a possible problem.... look behind the trigger... there is a pin that connects the trigger to the trigger axis that connects the draw bar to the hammer... if the pin slips down, it will not allow enough trigger travel to release the hammer before the trigger stops on the grip frame...if it is high and in good operating condition, I'd suggest a drop of epoxy to lock it in place...the LCP has a shouldered pin that does not allow this, and possibly KelTec has made a similar change to their newer models

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »
Now I understand GunBroker.com isn't the end-all in pricing, but they are offering the Colt Pocket 9 for $1400.00.  That's not quite in the "affordable" range around my wallet.

Crusader Rabbit
Prices are all over the place. I’ve seen $300 and $1200 listings at the same time. It’s like people can’t agree on how much it’s worth.
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 05:07:43 PM »
Overload... check your (unloaded) P3AT for a possible problem.... look behind the trigger... there is a pin that connects the trigger to the trigger axis that connects the draw bar to the hammer... if the pin slips down, it will not allow enough trigger travel to release the hammer before the trigger stops on the grip frame...if it is high and in good operating condition, I'd suggest a drop of epoxy to lock it in place...the LCP has a shouldered pin that does not allow this, and possibly KelTec has made a similar change to their newer models
Will do. 
Haven’t had a problem with it so far, but haven’t shot it recently.

Overload in Colorado

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk