Author Topic: Am I being cheap?  (Read 4905 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Am I being cheap?
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
So tomorrow  is like go out date day.  I just want to go out and go down the nature trail.  Take a picknick  and just enjoy being out side.  The misses wants to go spends a few hundy(me pay ofc) on something I really  dislike.   Am I wrong for saying it is too much money?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Am I being cheap?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:33:31 PM »
Yes, you're wrong, but not being cheap. Learn your place, TAB. Instead of saying it's too much money, maybe you could have asked why she would want to do that. Too late now. You know she's the boss, and you have to do what she wants, not what you want. But try not to resent her for it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »
Not wrong.  Had a battle along the same lines today.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
If you also liked this, TAB, would it be too much?

Be sure you not being cheap on things that will make her happy just because you don't like them.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 08:55:05 PM »
If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. We've all heard it. I think that most of the time it's true.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:53:32 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 10:39:48 PM »
If you also liked this, TAB, would it be too much?

Be sure you not being cheap on things that will make her happy just because you don't like them.
yes, I am not spending $300 in a meal that could get for $60 other places
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »

When I said you were wrong, I was wrong. Now that I know what you were talking about, I think you're being sensible, not cheap. I never thought you were cheap anyway. Taco Bell is cheap. No meal is worth $300 unless you have a lot more than 2 people.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 07:27:37 AM »
When I said you were wrong, I was wrong. Now that I know what you were talking about, I think you're being sensible, not cheap. I never thought you were cheap anyway. Taco Bell is cheap. No meal is worth $300 unless you have a lot more than 2 people.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said. If I eat at a place with a $300.00 meal it better come with both hot and cold running maids.

Having said that there definitely truth in the saying "Happy wife, happy life"
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:36 AM »

Very good then, I think....  sounds like "Atmosphere" is what she enjoys at the place.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:47:22 PM »
If she earns a living, works the hours that a surgeon works as a resident, which are numerous I’d expect, then she probably deserves the right to an expensive meal!

Since she’s good with a blade and you sleep next her then 300 bucks might be the best route to take!

But, what would I know?  I’ve only been married to the first wife for 34 years!  There won’t be a second...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk