Author Topic: Tuesday Morning Ramblings  (Read 2185 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Tuesday Morning Ramblings
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:32:32 AM »
Seems like the past 4 months have been a blur at work.  Today starts a much calmer pace.  And for good or worse, I'll have more "ME" time.  Which means more forum time.   

So let me catch up on a few things misc things.

1- Here's a video from from my dash cam of a lady in a hurry.  The white SUV was behind me in the left turn lane when the light turned red.  As you will see she was in a hurry.  This was mid-day, so probably her hair appointment.

2- And here's one of our county LEOs distracted by his in-car computer.  Blocking the box.

3- Then I don't remember if I posted this before.

Was in N. Jacksonville and as you can see in the first picture, I'm coming to a RR crossing.

Notice the lights are NOT flashing.
Notice the oncoming vehicles are stopped.
Yes, they're a tanker and a bus and are required to stop, but they remained stopped.
Notice I'm at an acute angle to the tracks and can't see what's to my right because of trees.
I figured they must see something I couldn't see.
Notice I'm going 50mph.

Now here I am stopped.  Granted it was 18 seconds later, and it was a slow mover, but I didn't know that.   CSX said that was just a siding and the train is suppose to be going slow enough it can stop if there's traffic in the way.    R-I-G-H-T.   I say turn the blinkers on sooner. 

To my right was a large truck, pulling a trailer.  It was in my blind spot.  He too executed a panic stop.  I don't know whether he saw the train, or the other vehicles or whether he was just reacting to my panic stop.

BTB:   The train was pulling 4 tanker cars and by the looks and sounds of it they were full.   Curious how quickly he could stop.

3- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,  I guess I'm too late to pre-order an Apex trigger.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Tuesday Morning Ramblings
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:27:14 AM »
I remember my Driver's Ed teacher told us the trains had the right of way over cars because cars were more maneuverable and could stop faster.

I asked him why pedestrians had the right of way over cars.......no answer...
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:25:58 PM »

3- AND MOST IMPORTANTLYI guess I'm too late to pre-order an Apex trigger.

Probably.....not like a lot of notice was given or anything.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »

Probably.....not like a lot of notice was given or anything.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
the CSX at 1mph makes MAJOR  8)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:26:55 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 06:38:04 PM »
the CSX at 1mph makes MAJOR  8)

Power factor 1,000,000.

Too bad the police aren't watching the first video that we were. I've seen people turn the direction opposite of their lane, but most wait for a green light. If I was in a line of cars and not one of them moved while the light was green I'd be upset about, but I wouldn't have done that maneuver.

I once saw a woman driver turn left in front of me from the right lane, then go clockwise until she was facing the opposite direction. I have no idea why she turned left and did a U-turn in the middle of the intersection. At that corner there's also a place to turn right that curves around before you quite get to the intersection. It has a yield sign so you don't have to pull up to the light and turn.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
There might have been an emergency in that in the wiith SUV...someone needing to get emergency care.
And it is illegal in some states to use your emergency flashers while the vehicle is moving
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk