Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183895 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #390 on: November 15, 2018, 07:36:46 PM »
Bacon sandwiches.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #391 on: November 15, 2018, 11:06:10 PM »
Sliced peaches straight from the jar.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: November 16, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »
I had to dig something out of the freezer to eat. I'm having Filipino style Pork Lumpia Spring Rolls. They would have been better baked than microwaved, but I want them now. They're very thin skinned and stuck to my paper plate. I like them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpia
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: November 17, 2018, 01:14:35 PM »
I had a buy one sandwich get one free coupon from Honeybaked Ham. There was a short online survey I did sometime after I got my free lunch for Veteran's Day. When I was done I wrote the code it gave me on my receipt and that was my coupon. I already ate a BBQ Smoked Stacker and now I'm eating a Roast Beef & Cheddar.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: November 19, 2018, 01:34:37 AM »
I'm eating a Red Baron 4 meat pizza. I thought I remembered liking their french bread pizza when I had it 20 years ago or however long it's been. When they were on sale really cheap I bought 5 of their 11" classic crust pizzas. They're much better baked on the oven rack than in a pan. The crust is crispy but not crunchy. Not bad for the price I paid, $1.99 I think.

Sponsor

« Reply #395 on: Today at 12:08:03 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: November 19, 2018, 07:46:30 AM »
Pillsbury whop-n-pop cinnamon rolls...... they ain't homemade, but are OK for a quick breakfast. They're somewhat bland and need more cinnamon to go with the excess dough.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:29 PM »
I had a piece of french bread with some peanut butter called The Bee's Knees on it. It's not as good as the peanut butter and honey I used to mix up myself. Now I have jars of 3 different flavors of peanut butter open. I don't always finish a jar before it goes bad when I only have one open, so I know some of this will go to waste. I've been thinking about taking the lid off and chucking the jar in my back yard for the critters when it goes bad.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »
Five ounce bag of fried pork skins and a small piece of homemade peanut brittle.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: November 22, 2018, 12:33:00 AM »
Meatball sub. Doritos. Rolaids.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: November 22, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »
Standard Thanksgiving food today.

Up this AM at 3:00...... got to church at 4:00 to open up and get ready to cook.
Four other guys and myself grilled 45 turkey breasts averaging 8.5 pounds each while the ladies on the kitchen crew did the 13 large pans of dressing, 13 pans of sweet potato souffle, and 20 gallons of green beans.
We prepped most of the sides Wednesday night (along with slicing and bagging forty poundcakes) so all it had to do was go into the ovens Thursday morning, but with that much volume we had to start early.
We had around 50 of us who cooked, prepped, sliced, plated and delivered.
550 people were fed, ranging from elderly, infirm and homeless to all the first responders in two counties (our little town sits right at the county line so we covered folks in both; 99% were delivered).
All those outgoing meals were plated and out for delivery by noon and clean-up was done by 1:30..... did I mention we have some outstanding workers in our church that work like a well-oiled machine?
Along with those plates, the volunteers ate afterwards so the total was right at 600 meals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk