Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 184866 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #350 on: October 14, 2018, 11:37:34 PM »
The Miracle Maize cornbread & muffin mix needs eggs, 2% milk, and vegetable oil. I don't think I should use the extra virgin olive oil I have. I can't recall ever buying 2% milk, but I can buy a gallon of it and give the 116 ounces left over to my mom. I may get around to making cornbread this week. I don't own muffin tins.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #351 on: October 15, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
I do mine in a cast iron skillet like a cake and then slice in sections like a cake. My wife uses the cast iron cornbread pan with the eight triangular sections unless making it for dressing and then she uses a regular ci skillet.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #352 on: October 15, 2018, 01:54:04 PM »
I do like Cracker Barrel's cornbread (and they sell their mix).

Hate to break it to ya, Peg but, CB's conebred gots sugar in it...I find it pretty sweet tasting actually!  I swore off CB some years back after a terrible meal they served me.

Received a 50 buck gift card after I mentioned it to the franchise that I never used...

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: October 15, 2018, 07:28:54 PM »
I was just messin' with you a little bit.
I don't put it in mine, but as long as it don't taste more like cake than cornbread (ie: Jiffy mix) then I'm alright with it. It just makes for a good south/north pickin' point.

The cornbread at the CBs I've ate at was more of a salty flavor. I didn't pick up the sweet part. I guess tastes vary. I looked at the ingredients on their package in the store and saw the sugar listed. I also note (after looking at the label on their website) that they have a "Sweet Version" where it calls to add an extra Tbs of sugar to the mix. That might be one reason for extra sweetness in different stores.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2018, 10:04:02 PM »
The box of cornbread mix I got is Country Style, "the original flavor and a favorite since 1939." They also have a Sweet cornbread mix that I left on the shelf untouched.

http://www.gilstermarylee.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=62

When I got free boxes of Jiffy mix I don't remember it being too sweet. I may have made it plain once, but I added a 4 ounce can of diced jalapenos to 1 or 2 boxes of mix, at least one time.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #355 on: Today at 03:28:24 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: October 16, 2018, 05:52:21 PM »
Chicken pad thai. Yummy.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
Grilled cheese sammiches....again...... I like 'em.  ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »
General Chang's chicken. It's P.F. Chang's home menu version of General Tso's chicken. It seems like every restaurant I've ordered General Tso's chicken from, and every brand of frozen dinner I've had, was different from all the rest. I've had this one before and I like it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2018, 06:52:29 PM »
I had to eat again so I got some fire grilled chicken chunks out the freezer. They're already bourbon barbecue flavor but I'm dipping them in mesquite smoke barbecue sauce.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »
General Chang's chicken. It's P.F. Chang's home menu version of General Tso's chicken. It seems like every restaurant I've ordered General Tso's chicken from, and every brand of frozen dinner I've had, was different from all the rest. I've had this one before and I like it.

I like General Tso, but I like sesame even better. I worked up a killer recipe that is good on about any form of chicken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk