Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183460 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1071
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »
I just finished a Frontera Carnitas Taco Skillet meal for two. 500 calories for the whole thing. Works for me. If I don't get around 400-500 calories I get hungry too soon afterward. The slow-cooked pork, tomatillos, and roasted poblano chiles are quite good together. It says to heat up your non-stick skillet and add a spoonful of canola oil. Ain't happening Rick. All I have is extra virgin olive oil. I didn't eat it with tortillas or over rice either, just straight from the frying pan to my plate. And I didn't shred the pork when it was was done cooking. It was, as my ex would say, as tender as your eye. She and her relatives were a bit odd.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »
Longhorn sirloin tips wif onions and fungus!

Tasty vittles...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2018, 07:53:08 PM »
P.F. Chang's Dan Dan Noodles. Lo mein noodles, ground pork, shiitake mushrooms, scallions and toasted sesame seeds covered in a spicy brown sauce.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »
Thin crust pizza with Calabrese salami & marinated peppers for breakfast and lunch. It was an 18 ounce pizza topped with 12 ounces of marinated artichoke hearts that I cut into smaller pieces. I just finished it while typing this. The peppers are tiny, teardrop shaped, and as sweet as candy. The salami and peppers give it a mildly hot flavor, if that makes any sense. Pickled Peruvian Peppers of this type are sold as Sweety Drops. The picture will give you an idea of their size. No dessert or snacks yet today, but I have plans to deal with that later.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #314 on: September 24, 2018, 06:42:30 AM »
No. Mustard is OK on a sausage-dog, but not on biscuits....... da' heck I look like, Karl Childers?   :o  8)  ;D
<snip>

Yer' missin' out....

Good smoked sausage needs no help!

Pork patty sausage....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #315 on: Today at 03:02:33 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2018, 08:02:39 AM »
Beer braised chorizo on whole wheat wif mustard.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: September 25, 2018, 12:11:58 AM »
I just sat down to bowl of tomato bisque with a side of cheese.

My previous meal was mesquite smoked turkey breast and Havarti cheese on wheat with mayo.

I had a small bag of popcorn between meals. It was on sale for $1, but I had a $1 coupon, and my $1 rebate has already been approved. Total cost = -1 dollar.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: September 25, 2018, 05:09:10 PM »
I finished off a loaf of toasted Michigan Blueberry Lemon Streusel Breakfast Bread. It would be better without the lemon IMO, but still not as good as the Maple I had before.

Just about to have a couple of jalapeno and cheddar smoked sausages on wheat bread with Dusseldorf mustard.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »
Nothing special today, as usual. Special K crust-less quiche, sausage variety, covered with black bean and corn salsa. I poured the salsa right out of the jar onto it, and when it looked like too much I poured on a little more. I really like salsa on omelettes too.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »
Sunday evening our kitchen crew cooked and served the senior adults at church. We did salad, grilled turkey breasts, chicken & dressing (I think my recipe for that is in the recipe board), green beans, and a cream cheese-stuffed spiced pumpkin roll for dessert.
We usually feed as many as fifty of the surrounding neighborhood area kids and youth every Wednesday at church and had enough of that left over to feed them yesterday.

Today we had Salisbury steak, mashed potato & gravy, and green beans for lunch.

Tonight I'm having salad and leftover dressing for supper......and probably some pumpkin roll.  :D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk