Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183892 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2018, 05:58:47 PM »
I had just 2 more Turkey Classic sandwiches from the Honeybaked Ham store, roast turkey this time, and I'm stuffed. I should have waited a couple more hours before I ate the second one. They were buy one get one free, and the receipt has a survey code to buy one sandwich of any kind and get another one free. As long as they keep giving me coupons I'll keep going back. I think I know already what one of my next 2 sandwiches will be.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2018, 01:26:04 PM »
Mongolian Beef. It's a Birds Eye Voila! Selects frozen meal in a bag. I never had one of these before but since I had a coupon I gave it a try. It has too many green beans and not enough beef. After cooking for 14 minutes I need to soak the pot I cooked it in. It says to use a non-stick skillet with a lid but I don't own one. I used to cook frozen meals like this in the same pot in my microwave, but my new microwave has a turntable and the pot handle won't allow it to turn. I have a Pyrex mixing bowl I should try the next time.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2018, 02:03:42 PM »
Grilled hamburger with celery salt, coriander, dill seed and pepper well done with some of that cheddar cheese stuff on top.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2018, 03:08:56 PM »
I bought another pound of pork carnitas meat and some flour tortillas yesterday, and had some for breakfast today. I know it would be better with diced onion and tomato, and a slice or two of avocado, but I forgot to get anything like that until after I was home. I have almost 1/2 gallon of salsa so I put some roasted garlic salsa on one. I put Mexican style hot sauce on another one but couldn't taste it. I'll have one with more hot sauce on it tonight. I only need half a package of tortillas for that amount of meat. I'll make some kind of sandwiches from them.

I had carnitas at a local restaurant by accident once. I actually ordered some kind of combination plate. The waitress came by a while later and and said my carnitas would be ready in 10(?) minutes. It only took me a second or two to decide that sounded good too and I'd try it. They were good.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »
Nothing remarkable about today's meals. I had a pint of broccoli and cheddar soup for breakfast, and I'm way overdue for lunch. I have 3 tortillas and 2 jalapeno & cheddar smoked sausage links left in the fridge. Roll 'em if ya got 'em. The last tortilla will most likely be a Nutella taco.

Sponsor

« Reply #235 on: Today at 11:35:23 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2018, 12:49:36 PM »
Two Red Hot Chicago, Chicago style hot dogs and fries
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »
“Date Ender”

Garlic roast beef, onions, maters, lettuce, Swiss cheese with abundant horseradish sauce on a hogie roll...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2018, 02:37:59 PM »
4 cheese pizza. The main ingredient of the cornmeal crust is wheat flour. I had 5 coupons from $1.00 to $3.00 off on 4 brands of pizza and bought all 5 the other day. Today was cool enough to bake one so this is it. I'll eat the whole 8" pizza and may bake a regular pizza tomorrow if it's cool enough then too.

Timothy

« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2018, 04:16:22 PM »
I’m about to marinate and grill up some fresh striper caught about 48 hours ago off Nantucket!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2018, 11:17:31 AM »
Alsatian style tarte flambée thin crust pizza. It has olive oil and Grana Padano sauce, bacon lardons, crème fraîche, white onions, and a pinch of parsley. The sourdough crust was baked on a white granite stone. Grana Padano is like Parmigiano-Reggiano but it's not aged as long.

I wanted something else more than I wanted pizza but it was nice and cool this morning. Not anymore. It may be too hot to bake anything else for a few months. As the old saying goes, I had to strike while the iron is hot. Or before it's too hot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk