Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183820 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2018, 12:49:08 PM »
Jose Ole Beef & Cheese Mini Tacos dipped in sour cream. They're a lot better dipped in sour cream or salsa, or both, than plain. I keep getting $1.00 off coupons for Jose Ole snacks and don't like their Taquitos as well as these, Chicken & Cheese Nacho Bites, or the Loaded Beef Nacho Rolled Tacos. The store I go to doesn't have much variety. I like the Rolled Tacos the best but don't want to keep buying the same thing.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2018, 12:48:36 PM »
The only kind of instant ramen I like is NONGSHIM Bowl Noodle, and NONGSHIM Shin Bowl. The last thing I ate was a Kimchi Fried Noodle Dish, seasoned with real kimchi, last night.

NONGHIM Shinramyun is the #1 ramyun in Korea and the U.S. Their Shinramyun Bowl Noodle, called Shin Bowl here, tastes hot to me but Koreans would say it's mild. If you have chapped kips, apply lip balm before eating. It's very good and that's not just my opinion. It's endorsed by professional chefs. If I happen to go down the soup aisle and it's on sale for a dollar instead of $1.29 or whatever it is, I'll buy a couple of them.

http://www.nongshimusa.com/homev2/our-products/

I have some Jose Ole Loaded Beef Nacho Rolled Tacos in the microwave for breakfast. I'm going to check the temperature right now.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
I ate healthy today...... two corn-dogs, Doritos, and an ice-cream sandwich (Neapolitan).   ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2018, 01:18:48 PM »
Rabbit food...

Salad, with the fixins including bacon..

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
Ore-Ida Homestyle Hash Brown Casserole made with shredded potatoes, sour cream and cheddar cheese. It would have been great with some breakfast sausage and a couple of fried eggs, but I didn't have either one of those. After 30 minutes in the microwave it was more like shredded potatoes with some mashed potatoes mixed in.

Sponsor

« Reply #175 on: Today at 12:51:10 PM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »
Supper in the south...... fried ham, thin-sliced squash (lightly floured and fried) and homemade biskits.

Our garden ain't quite ready, but one of the neighbors in the area gave us a mess of squash and zucchini to cook.... cucumbers too.... (They only have about twenty acres of them).  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2018, 10:14:30 PM »
I'm not a huge squash fan. A friend of mine makes zucchini bread and zucchini crisp that taste amazingly like banana bread and apple crisp. Especially the zucchini bread. That's about all the squash I want, except for pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie with a big blob of Cool Whip or whipped cream on it. If I have something with pieces of yellow squash in it, I'll eat it and not pick it out, but I don't like the way it feels when I chew it.

Every fall when I take my mom out for an all you can eat family style chicken dinner for her birthday, a restaurant always gives us a bowl full of locally grown blue Hubbard squash. I tried it and didn't like it, so every year I slide it over to her side of that table and tell her it's all hers. She always eats a little and the rest gets boxed up and taken home with the rest of the leftovers.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2018, 12:03:25 AM »
NONGSHIM brand beef flavor Pho Vietnamese rice noodle soup. I used every bit I could squeeze out of the sriracha packet. The other spices include jalapeno, garlic, ginger and onion, plus some unspecified spices. Traditional pho spices include cloves, star anise, coriander seed, fennel, cinnamon, black cardamom, ginger, and onion. I think this had cinnamon in it too. I liked the heat of it but the combination of spices was too foreign to my taste buds. I didn't put those last 4 bowls of soup in the cupboard when I got home from the store because I was eager to try them. Now I only have regular cans and microwavable bowls of soup.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2018, 01:00:55 PM »
I just had a few Cole's Pretzel Sticks With Pub Style Cheese. I put too much pretzel salt on them, but other than that they tasted good. Their pub cheese filling has jalapenos in it. I was expecting horseradish like Win Schuler’s Bar-Scheeze, which doesn't have the Bar-Scheeze logo on it anymore. Now it's their Original Cheddar Cheese Spread, with the same formula used since the 1950's. After looking at recipes online it appears that bar cheese has horseradish in it, and pub style cheese usually has beer in it, possibly Guinness if it's Irish pub cheese.

My last Chicken Chile Verde is done. Gotta go.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »
My wife makes a great zucchini bread with a hint of cinnamon.
Like with carrot cake, you don't taste the zucchini, it is there to provide extra moisture (same with sour cream poundcake).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk