Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 184854 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #450 on: December 24, 2018, 04:20:56 PM »
Having "Fart Soup" aka beans & meat soup for Christmas Eve supper.......some calls it chili, but real chili don't have beans (there's an argument for the ages).

Various assorted sweets for dessert..... homemade 12-layer cake, peanut clusters, peanut brittle, cookies, poundcake.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #451 on: December 24, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »
That sounds good, but real chili doesn't have meat in it. Chili con carne (chili with meat) does.  ;)

Several weeks ago I got a Knorr One Skillet meal starter for free and finally used it today with what I had on hand. It's Southwestern Chicken, Brown Rice & Quinoa, seasoned with smoked chipotle, garlic and other spices. I wanted to buy some frozen corn to put in it but the store closed 1/2 hour before I got there. It said to use a red bell pepper and a green one but I only had yellow and orange. No biggie. It calls for 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I substituted what was left of a bag of frozen pre-cooked spicy breaded chicken breast chunks. I heated up the chicken and cut it into smaller pieces before adding it. It's spicier than it should be, which is actually a good thing since the peppers are so sweet.

Merry Christmas.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: December 26, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »
The last thing I ate was Thai style green curry chicken.

The last thing I regret eating was a bunch of prunes.

I think prune juice is disgusting but I love prunes. I had a 1 pound bag of them and ate 2/3 of them for a snack in the wee hours of the morning. I planned on going to bed soon after, but plans have a way of changing. I was in and out of the bathroom for hours. I took a chance on going to bed and finally got to sleep around 8:00 in the morning. I'm about ready for something sweet to snack on again. :P
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: December 26, 2018, 10:54:28 PM »
I just had a bowl of Idahoan Steakhouse Loaded Potato Soup. I got it for free a couple of months ago and made it today. It has red potatoes and potato skins, sour cream, cheddar and blue cheese, and a nice combination of spices. Everything was in the pouch and all I needed was boiling water to whisk it into. I like it.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »
Just had a Cowtail caramel candy......shared it with the granddaughter.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #455 on: Today at 02:28:40 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2018, 02:48:23 PM »
I just heard the microwave beep so it's time for some Korean style kalbi beef. I don't have any rice or noodles to eat with it, or bread to make sandwiches. I have Doritos and will put a piece of meat on one and try it, then I'll decide how to eat the rest.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: December 28, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »
I didn't want to start another thread about something good to drink so I'm posting this here.

I just finished something very good -- Tazo Chai Classic Latte. Although latte is espresso and steamed milk, there's no coffee in it. I guess they're using the word latte to indicate that it has milk in it. All chai is supposed to be made with milk so the word latte isn't just incorrect, it's redundant.

Anyway, it's a concentrate that comes in a 32 ounce Tetra Pak paper carton. You're supposed to mix it half and half with milk to make regular chai. But I've been mixing it with water instead of milk so it's just a spiced tea. 90 seconds in the microwave and it's a delicious cup of hot tea. Too bad it's all gone. :'( I'm an iced tea drinker and this is okay cold too, but much better hot IMO. I'll be buying more.

The ingredients are black tea, black pepper, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, natural flavors, cane sugar, honey, ginger juice, natural flavors, vanilla extract, and citric acid. It doesn't taste like pepper but it feels warm in the mouth like a good ginger ale does.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2018, 11:38:05 AM »
I'm still whittlin' slices off the 12 layer cake the wife made for Christmas......not much left because I've had plenty of help from kids and grand-kids.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: December 30, 2018, 11:25:29 PM »
Chunky soup. I used a coupon on 2 cans that were already on sale and ate both cans of soup already.

My total bill was $88.00. I don't get even numbers like that very often. It should have been $85.00 but my $4 e coupon only took off $1, so I need to go back to the store again.  >:(

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: December 31, 2018, 10:48:13 PM »
I'm having Korean style barbecue glazed beef & pork meatballs on 100% whole wheat slider buns. My sides are pimento cheese & harissa flavored kettle chips, pickled asparagus, and both smoked Gouda (my last slice) and Colby Jack cheeses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk