Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180781 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #410 on: November 29, 2018, 11:50:26 PM »
It was time to clean out the fridge again. I microwaved my last 2 eggs with soul seasoning, green Tabasco sauce, and the last of a bar of extra sharp cheddar chopped up and stirred in. With a side of bacon. It was good. I used to do that years ago instead of making omelettes. I used a paper bowl so there's no clean up.

I had a yellow bell pepper that wouldn't last much longer so I chopped it up with some Monterrey jack cheese and put salad dressing on it. I'm saving my bag of croutons for an actual salad. It tastes good as is with Tuscan house Italian dressing on it, but I'm about to throw some Cheez-Its in to give it more crunch.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2018, 07:24:41 AM »
Frying a turkey for lunch today....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »
I just took a plate full of meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and muenster cheese out of the microwave. I have a stack of little flatbreads sliced into thin slices to put it on for meatball sandwiches. It's not bad.

I used all the mozzarella cheese in my first attempt which I accidentally dumped on the floor. I lost all of my cheese and over 3/4 of the meatballs. The only good things about it are that a lot of the mess landed on the chair mat in front of my desk, and the carpet is red like the sauce. I picked up everything I could and dumped it out in the back yard. I'd rather the critters eat it now instead of when it's in a garbage bag by the curb.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: December 01, 2018, 11:09:28 PM »
I just remembered something that happened back when I was married. My ex made some kind of cake, 2 or 3 layers I think. I can't remember if it was my birthday cake or just a regular cake. Before we could even try it she was carrying it across the kitchen and it slid right off the plate and landed on the floor. We put everything except the bottom layer back on the plate and threw the bottom layer in the trash. I don't have any idea what kind of cake it was but I just called it floor cake, as in, do you want some more floor cake?, or, that's a really good floor cake. I wouldn't mind having a big slice of floor cake right now.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »
Bologna sandwich with mayo, mustard, and diced onion....good stuff.  ;D

A story about a "dropped" cake:
A few years ago my wife made one of her 12-layer cakes for a family friend who had been out of the country. They were on the way home from the airport in Atlanta and we had somewhere to be by the time they got back to south GA, so we told them we'd just leave it in the kitchen at church since they had a key to get in.
Well, while busying around to leave, my wife say the cake on the toolbox of the truck while moving something in the back seat and getting the granddaughter buckled in her car seat. We got about 1/4 mile down the road and I asked where the cake was, and did we forget it. About that time I saw it slip off the side of the toolbox and roll down the side of the road.
I stopped and backed up and my wife got out and in a fit of anger launched the thing into the edge of the woods (seemingly in slow motion) while I was in the process of yelling NOOOOOOO!!!!!
The cake plate bottom had come off when the cake rolled and it landed top down still in the top cake cover. These cakes have a cooked chocolate fudge-type icing that gets firm after it cools, and that is what held it together in the lid. I knew she would go bake another one for our friend....and I told her that if she hadn't thrown the thing in the woods I would've kept that cake and sliced the bottom two layers off and ate it myself (these things are that good, I just finished the last piece today from one she made for Thanksgiving).
It takes a while to cook all the layers, let them cool, cook the icing, stack & frost, and let set-up....but we altered our errands, and she got another one made in time to meet our friend at the church.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #415 on: Today at 07:43:36 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: December 03, 2018, 01:33:56 AM »
NOOOOOOO!!!!! That cake was too young to die.

I'm eating Senor Gusto Caramel Flan from Kroger.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: December 03, 2018, 03:40:12 PM »
Tater skins. They're usually a little dry and I don't have any sour cream to put on them so I tried spaghetti sauce. Not great but they slide down easier.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #417 on: December 04, 2018, 01:50:58 PM »
Smoked ham (Sugardale brand) with green garden peas (cream 40's we had in the freezer), rice & tomatoes (tomatoes canned from our garden this year......I don't eat stewed tomatoes on my rice, but everyone else in the family does), and good sweet tea.

Wife's making chocolate peanut clusters, peanut butter cookies, and a poundcake to have for road trip/waiting room snacks when we head to Atlanta tomorrow (m-i-l is having a heart valve procedure at Piedmont Thursday).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: December 05, 2018, 07:13:48 PM »
Buffalo seasoned chicken breast chunks I had in the freezer. "Appetizer & recipe ready" means pre-heat the oven then bake them for 22 minutes and they'll be ready. I didn't starve while I was waiting but my stomach sounded angry.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: December 08, 2018, 08:17:11 PM »
Sweet Abruzzese salami and cheddar on crackers. When I'm done I'll have spicy Aruzzese salami with cheddar on crackers. This is the first time I've had the sweet, and I like the spicy better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk