Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183947 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
The peppercorn sauce for the chops was a bit salty and the brown gravy on the mashed potatoes was even saltier. But I'm used to food being too salty. It seems Salt = Flavor to a lot of people. My dessert was a roll with butter. I couldn't eat anything else. I almost ordered the green beans, but got a Caesar salad instead, because I've had them before and like them. I didn't know they weren't just plain green beans or I would have tried them. We still have more free appetizers coming, so we'll be going back. I'll try to remember to get green beans.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2018, 06:21:20 AM »
Coffee.  Dark roast.  No trimmings....straight and hot.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »
Smoked link sausage on leftover biscuits.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
Do you put mustard on those biscuits with the sausage?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »
Good smoked sausage needs no help!

Sponsor

« Reply #305 on: Today at 08:53:54 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
Not the last thing I ate, but breakfast was chicken bibimbap, and now my spellchecker is like, huh? The last time I went to stir it I was too late. Some of it stuck to the bottom of the skillet. I ate the rest of it and it didn't taste burnt. Just a little bit spicy, not like real Korean food would be. I started filling the skillet with water and scraping with a big spoon. It was almost clean before the water got to the top. I ate a lemon EPIC performance bar in between getting up to stir my food. Only 5 ingredients including the lemon oil. It was free from Kroger and I also got one of their 100% grass fed bison bars for free before.

I got the lemon bar when I took my mom shopping. I stopped pushing the cart and looked back to see where she was, and saw her putting 2 different flavored bars in her purse. I had to go back and tell her to put them back. I didn't even ask her what she thought she was doing. Every time she sees a 4 foot high sign that says Free Friday Download and shows a picture of the product, she only sees the word free.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibimbap

https://epicbar.com/epic-performance-detail/55
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #306 on: September 21, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »
Do you put mustard on those biscuits with the sausage?

No. Mustard is OK on a sausage-dog, but not on biscuits....... da' heck I look like, Karl Childers?   :o  8)  ;D

That being said, today's lunch was leftovers from last night's supper: boneless pork-chops in gravy with green peas (locally grown), rice, and deviled eggs.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: September 21, 2018, 06:54:55 PM »
The only thing I've had so far today was Green Curry Shrimp Potstickers from Thailand. It said to cook 6 of them in a medium non-stick pan. I don't have any non-stick cookware at all, but they didn't stick to my large cast iron frying pan. I used a little too much oil, but I have two more packages of them to get it right. They were good and the curry made my tongue tingle but not feel like it was burning.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: September 21, 2018, 08:10:41 PM »
I didn't wash the frying pan when I was done and it was oily enough to cook more potstickers without them sticking. Some of them are sticking to my paper plate but not too bad.

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »
.. da' heck I look like, Karl Childers?   :o  8)  ;D

I reckon not...… mm hmmm …..     :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk