Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183934 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2018, 02:24:02 PM »
Home Run Inn sausage & pepperoni pizza. It's the last of my frozen pizzas until I get coupons for more. I've had $2 or $3 off coupons for Screamin' Sicilian pizzas in the past and want another one sometime, but they're overpriced. I'll buy one for $3 off but not full price. Their Mambo Italiano, with pepperoni and Italian meatballs, is one of the best frozen pizzas I've had. Better than what I just ate.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2018, 01:05:34 AM »
I'm not eating them yet but on Labor Day I got 5 packages of Ball Park Angus Beef Franks for $1.99 each. And 5 boxes of Life cereal for 99 cents each. Total price $14.90. My savings $28.00. I saved 65% off my bill and wanted to mention that before I forget again. I have lots of sausage and hot dogs in the freezer, 2 pounds of sauerkraut in the fridge and 2 more pounds in the cupboard. Now all I need is buns or bread.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2018, 11:17:39 PM »
I just had some fire grilled boneless chicken thighs, with 2 ounces of medium cheddar because...

it's cheese! No other reason is needed. Next on the menu - maybe some applesauce (no sugar added).

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2018, 03:19:47 PM »
I took my mom to Texas Roadhouse yesterday. I'm the only one who will take her out . She embarrassed my brothers so much they won't go anywhere with her. We were both enjoying our fresh baked bread with honey cinnamon butter. Then we tried our appetizer of Rattlesnake Bites, dipping them in either Cajun Horseradish sauce or Ranch dressing. Then she did the unbelievable. Instead of buttering her bread, she put Cajun Horseradish sauce on it before I could stop her. Waving my hands around didn't get her attention. When she spread some Ranch dressing on too I didn't even try to stop her. Apparently when you lose your senses of smell, hearing, sight, and your mind, it doesn't enhance your other senses. She lost her sense of taste too.

https://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu/interactive-menu/starters/rattlesnake-bites

After she ate a few of the salted in the shell peanuts she took the rest of them home in her purse, where all the extra coffee creamer went, and in her jacket pockets. Yes, she wears a jacket in summer, and I'd bet good money she had long johns on under her jeans and sweatshirt. She took a whole bucketful of peanuts home but left the bucket. I wouldn't have been surprised if she tried to take the bucket home too. I hate when she does that because I always end up picking up peanuts on the passenger side of my truck. One even managed to fall into the hinge area where the seat back folds. I spent a few minutes trying to find it after it fell in there but couldn't. After I got home I spent another 5 minutes with my brightest flashlight finding that peanut and getting it out. I could just barely reach it with an un-sharpened pencil and nudged it around until I could reach it with one finger, and eventually got it out.

Everything that didn't go in her purse or pockets went into 2 takeout boxes, which she nearly always has upside down and fills the lid. I couldn't tell her to flip it over because even with 2 hearing aids in she rarely understands anything I say. I kept pointing at the box and motioning with my hands for her to flip it over. Even when she was looking right at me she didn't do it. Not even after she pointed at the 2 holes in the lid where gravy was leaking out of one. I kept trying to get her to flip it over so it wouldn't leak all over. Finally when she finished her cold coffee and was ready to leave, I flipped it over and wiped the gravy off with a napkin. Instead of hanging onto the boxes on the way back to her house, she set them on the floor. On an angle against the transmission hump rather than flat on the floor, of course. I had to wipe up a bit of gravy while I was searching my truck for hidden peanuts, and pieces of shell from the one she ate when we were within 3 blocks of her house. I guess she got hungry riding across town since she didn't eat much at the restaurant. In other words, yesterday was a typical dinner out with my mom. I had a steak.

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »
You're a good son Frank!

Sponsor

« Reply #285 on: Today at 05:54:53 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »
Thanks Red. I try to be. I didn't know if anyone would read that, but I felt like I had to get it out of my head and onto the screen. I think I only lost my temper with her once, when we had plans to go out for dinner. When I went to pick her up... she was just finishing dinner. >:( You wouldn't want to see me when I'm angry. >:( You can only reschedule dinner so many times before it gets really annoying. My brothers get so p.o.'ed that they yell at her a lot, so she likes me, no one's favorite child, the best now. She's even told me she only has one son and his name is Frank.

I can get 2 more free appetizers and a free entree at Texas Roadhouse, and we should each get another free appetizer apiece for our birthdays. So the peanut situation will definitely come up again. And again. Annnd again. We each get a free dinner for our birthdays at Zehnder's, and across the street from it at the Bavarian Inn, in Frankenmuth, aka Little Bavaria. So she'll have 4 more chances to embarrass me.

And while we're there we should each get a free ornament at Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland, The World's Largest Christmas Store. They have a replica of the Stille-Nacht-Kapelle, The Silent Night Chapel, in Oberndorf bei Salzburg in Austria. It's a monument to the Christmas carol Silent Night and it's writers, Joseph Mohr Franz and Xaver Gruber. The original stands on the site of the former St. Nicholas's Church, where Silent Night was performed for the first time on December 24th, 1818.

I think it does us both good to get out of the house, and my mom tells me she appreciates it. The pics will give you an idea what we see in Frankenmuth. It's also the home of Greta Van Fleet, currently one of the hottest bands on the planet. They're all over the radio, talk shows, YouTube, you name it. Take a peek at the links if you'd like.

https://bavarianinn.com/dine/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zehnder's

https://www.zehnders.com/zehnders-dining-frankenmuth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronner's_Christmas_Wonderland

https://www.bronners.com/topic/history-of-silent-night-chapel.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent-Night-Chapel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Van_Fleet

Rock on. How's that for thread drift? ;D

P.S. The wait staff at the restaurants in Frankenmuth really do dress in German type costumes, including lederhosen for the men.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: September 12, 2018, 10:48:34 PM »
Back on topic. I had a SmartMade Black Beans & Cheese Over Cilantro-Lime Rice bowl. It was on sale so I tried it. Since there's no meat in it, I added 2 Sargento Blends 4 Cheese Southwest Slices - Monterey Jack, Chipotle Cheddar, Colby, and Pepper Jack cheese. Edible. Not incredible. The cheese alone tastes better to me.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2018, 03:31:19 PM »
Pancakes and sugar free syrup. :-\

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #288 on: September 14, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2018, 06:51:30 PM »
+1

Thanks Peg. Someone has to be. In my family it looks like I'm it.

I just ate a bunch of Jack Link's Original Beef Sticks. They're better than Slim Jims, which I always thought had a texture like chewed up paper (think spit wads). My stomach feels even emptier than it did before I ate them. It's time for something else soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk