Author Topic: I was laid off...  (Read 1987 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I was laid off...
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:10:06 PM »
... in one of the best Job Markets in my memory.  I had only been there 9 months and their sales team didn't follow through with the projected amount of Automation work I was hired to handle and help set-up for future growth  :o .  My old supervisor, no comment on his lack of intellect, said it was one of the easiest dismissals he'd been a part of.... I wonder why? ???

We are in a financially stable place so I don't have to flood the market with my resume and cover letters but can pick a choose where and for what positions.  I'm almost giddy  :)

Working on getting my home office set-up, finishing my GUN ROOM! and rearranging the guest room upstairs (my FIL passed away last year-hence the financial situation-and we ended up with everything my wife ex-Step-Mom didn't take with her).  We also have 24 acres about an hour away that we get to enjoy (i.e. someone is using it for his excavator business and takes care of the mowing  8) ).  Now if only the weather would work with me so I can get some range time in or  summer would hurry up and get here so I can get some much needed time out at the lake  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: I was laid off...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:26:08 PM »
Sounds like this lay off is gonna be an extended vacation for you.  Very good...

Looks like like you intend to enjoy the time off too.

Maybe keep an iron or two in the job market fire just to snag any super opportunity that might pop up.

Take care and glad you are on top of this.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:06:53 PM »
Sounds like a happy non-emergency! Enjoy!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
I hope you do get to enjoy it and find something rewarding in the end.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
Good luck on relaxing any at all.  Sounds like you have a lot of work at home to do.  I hope you get to it and someone drops a good gig in your lap when you are ready.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:24:55 AM »

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »
Sounds like this lay off is gonna be an extended vacation for you.  Very good...

Looks like like you intend to enjoy the time off too.

Maybe keep an iron or two in the job market fire just to snag any super opportunity that might pop up.

Take care and glad you are on top of this.

I have a couple of resumes out and will keep an eye out for opportunities.  Kids and grandkids seem to think I'm at their disposal though  ???

I'll post some pics of my gunroom progress just to hold myself accountable, probably on the FB page because it is easier.
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk