Author Topic: Clone MP5 Variants  (Read 3990 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Clone MP5 Variants
« on: January 13, 2018, 09:11:03 AM »
I'm getting worked up to go after an MP5 clone.  Right now I'm zeroed in on something from Omega because I've gotten really good reports about them. 

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/omega-9mm-pistol-atlantic-exclusive-detail.html?Itemid=0

They do be pricey....so this is a goal.  I'm wondering whether I want the carbine SBR or just go with a pistol just because.  Regardless, they are all dang expensive but if I paired one with an AR in 9MM it would be pretty cool....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

Re: Clone MP5 Variants
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »
A fella I work with peddled an MP5 clone for $6,000 in just over 24 hours on a local forum!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:45:01 PM »
That is crazy.  You can buy a couple of them and have change for that.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
That's a nice gun. Especially with the wrist brace.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »
The Zenith Z-5P is an HK licensed version built on HK tooling by MKE in Turkey. Several reviews made it sound really good but one person said something about a piece of the finish flaking off. The Omega OM9 FS is 100% made in the USA and comes with a 5 year warranty, which sounds even better.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:07:59 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
Can the Omega use genuine H&K MP-5 magazines, or facsimile's of the same?

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 03:24:42 PM »
That is crazy.  You can buy a couple of them and have change for that.

He bought pre-ban.  Can’t touch them here unless they were here prior.

Massapoopshits!

My daughters Sig is pre-ban with two or three 13 round mags.  Can’t buy anymore mags built after unless bought used at a gun show, in state.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 06:21:26 PM »
I would really suggest something with a stock... a bunch of years ago HK had a shoot house set up on a police range that hosted our USPSA match, and I had the opportunity to shoot a 10mm version

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »
Yep.  A 10mm.  That's what I'm wanting. 

Not that I want to stand in front of an MP5 in 9MM but the 10MM has gotta hurt real bad.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 12:07:25 PM »
Zep.  A 10mm.  That's what I'm wanting. 

Not that I want to stand in front of an MP5 in 9MM but the 10MM has gotta hurt real bad.

Yeah....not only will it kill ya, but you'll hurt the whole time you're dyin'........  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk