Author Topic: Miserable Cold  (Read 24762 times)

Timothy

Miserable Cold
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2018, 07:35:06 AM »
12-18 inches expected!  State’s pretty much shut down.  The boss closed the shop last night before the 6:00 pm news was over.

We’ll see...

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Miserable Cold
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »
Not so much cold, but a weird snowstorm hit central Kentucky Sunday night and Monday morning. Thick, wet, heavy snow that toppled some trees, more than a few limbs, but luckily few power lines (most of ours, at least in this neighborhood are underground).

"They" predicted 2", maybe 4" at the most. We got 6-10"!!!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2018, 10:46:01 AM »
That Kentucky storm coupled up with low pressure from the south to form the nor’easter that is filling up the bed of my truck..

Again...

Timothy

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »

Haven’t cleaned up from last week yet...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2018, 04:30:35 PM »
Yesterday's snow completely melted off of my sidewalk, and there's only a tiny little bit on my windshield wipers, maybe covering half of the length of them. It's barely snowing right now with less than an inch of accumulation expected by morning. I won't have to go anywhere until 2:00 PM and it's supposed to get up to 37 degrees, so it may be gone by then. I didn't have to shovel my sidewalk for several days and shouldn't have to for the next week and a half. After that, who knows? It may get cold and snow again.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #125 on: Today at 10:01:50 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2018, 05:05:13 PM »

Might have 12”. 

I cleared the drive twice before the plow showed up at 5..

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2018, 08:40:33 PM »
Been really strange  here 15 degrees plus higher then it should be and already surpassed our average annual  rainfall.    Very odd
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2018, 03:46:42 PM »
Are alright today Timothy?

I kept looking out the window at my truck and there was never enough snow to completely cover it last night. At 3:00 A.M. it looked like the snow was replaced by frost, but I can't be sure because it was dark. At 11:00 A.M. there was just a trace of snow at the bottom of the passenger side window (in the shade), and some on the hood and very bottom of the windshield. It was all gone within a couple of hours, and the concrete behind my truck was bare. I haven't shoveled or plowed it in a couple of years and thought it would be covered.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

Miserable Cold
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
All’s well, Frank!  Our town total was near 18”!

They can’t drive for shite in New England but they do know how to clean up after a storm!

Boston always has problems cuz their streets are narrow paved buggy trails from 300 years ago.  They’re canceling St Paddy’s day parades all over the metro area..too much piled up snow.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »
Around here they plow the main roads in a reasonable amount of time, but by the time they get to the side streets, the snow is either mostly gone, or packed so solid that a plow can't do anything with it. I think my street was plowed a couple of times this winter. Woodcroft Estates where richer, more powerful people  live, just a few miles away, gets plowed first. They also have off duty police working security in their neighborhood, while it takes days to get police to show up anywhere else. It must be nice to have enough money to live in a house like this one. This isn't the biggest house in that neighborhood but I like the castle look.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk