Author Topic: Miserable Cold  (Read 24655 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Miserable Cold
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2018, 08:05:44 PM »
Well fella's, I work outside.  Regardless the weather.  12 below and windchills near 30 below when I started earlier this week.  I was good to go though, dressed in 5 inches of clothes.  Did great till I had to pee.  It's only 4 inches long. :-\
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2018, 08:56:20 PM »
Well fella's, I work outside.  Regardless the weather.  12 below and windchills near 30 below when I started earlier this week.  I was good to go though, dressed in 5 inches of clothes.  Did great till I had to pee.  It's only 4 inches long. :-\

I had the same problem when I was snowmobiling but it was more like 1 inch long.   :-[   Any shorter and it would have been an inny instead of an outty.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2018, 09:10:17 PM »
Have you guys ever given diapers a serious thought ??   :o   :'(   >:(   ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »
Have you guys ever given diapers a serious thought ??   :o   :'(   >:(   ;D

That wouldn't be a bad idea if I still stayed out in that kind of cold. Better than grabbing hold with an ice cold hand and getting a chilly willy. One winter when I was riding up in the U.P. it was so cold my balls retracted to a nice warm place and I didn't see them again until the spring thaw.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2018, 06:00:02 AM »
OK to change the subject slightly...I have an East Indian MD that suggested using a Neti pot for nasal lavage to alleviate a post nasal drip from pollen this summer...I've continued using the warm salt water nasal lavage daily, and has really helped me during the chill we are having down here... I know it is nothing like the temps you have, but my house is heated only with heat pump, and I don't use a humidifier, so I really dry out... you might give it a try... it only feels like you are being waterboarded the first time or so

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 07:58:41 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2018, 08:24:11 AM »
U.P.?  Upper Peninsula? 

I've heard a lot of good with the Neti pots.  Also some bad as a bacteria bed....after you clean it soak a little vinegar in it to kill off the bad boys.  We used vinegar in the boys breathing treatment equipment as a necessity and also in the sleep apnea machine.  Also put a boiling pot of water to keep the humidity up...it was so dry up here in Oklahoma compared to S. Louisiana where I was from I kept a nose bleed for a while until I did that.  Wife drops some cinnamon, or other sweet smelling stuff in it to add to it's use.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2018, 10:11:03 AM »
Yes, UP is the upper peninsula.

Some of the most beautiful parts of the lower 48!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »
Yes, UP is the upper peninsula.

Some of the most beautiful parts of the lower 48!

And as cold as Canada up there. It's like a completely different state where I live, with Ohio-like weather. TripAdvisor has a list of the top 403 things to do and places to see in the U.P. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g5414977-Activities-Upper_Peninsula_Michigan.html

Timothy

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
Riding a motorcycle over the Mackinaw Bridge on the grated lane is a bit unsettling!

I heard years back that a Yugo got blown off the bridge by the wind!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
Riding a motorcycle over the Mackinaw Bridge on the grated lane is a bit unsettling!

I heard years back that a Yugo got blown off the bridge by the wind!

It's a long way down. I used to like looking down through the grate when I was a kid. Driving on it seems to make the wheels wander a bit, and that's on 4 wheels. I was driving a full-size van across the bridge one winter and was blown sideways into the next lane. 5 minutes later the bridge was closed, I think until some time the next day. There were 64 million safe crossings and then along came a woman in her Yugo. She was out of control.

http://www.tctimes.com/news/remember-the-woman-in-the-yugo/article_5496a820-4159-11e7-b3ad-8391deb9664f.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk