Author Topic: Miserable Cold  (Read 24651 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Miserable Cold
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »
Naawwwww....you're pullin' our leg.  Right?

Uh, if you're planning to swing by my house and rob me blind, yeah, I'm kidding, Otherwise, no, not so much . . .
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »

Heat wave grips the Northeast!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »
Rastus... I've been re reading my copy of the Art of War, by Sun Tzu.... "all war is deception"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »
Frank:  How much snow do you have?  I'm kinda afraid to ask but I hear in some places it's a fearsome amount.

Bill:  You are bragging. 

Alf:  You are bragging too.

All the snow we had 2 weeks ago melted except where it was piled up. After that I let it pile up for a few days and had a white Christmas. About 5 inches of nothing but powder was on my truck when I finally swept it off Tuesday. No ice or fogged up windows either. I got lucky. The Weather Channel at weather.com says there's a 40% chance of snow tonight but I don't think we'll get any. The forecast goes all the way up to January 11th with 10% or 20% chance of snow every day except the 7th is 30%. It looks like it's going to stay below freezing that whole time.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 08:42:59 PM »
Alf, you need to go to AI in June and September like us.....you know, when the skeeters are in full attack mode.  ;D

Lows next week here in south GA are predicted to be in the mid 20's all week....possibility of a couple inches of snow around Wednesday. There won't be a roll of toilet paper or a bottle of wine in a walmart anywhere.  ;D

The last snowfall that was heavy enough to stick was in January of 2010 (I remember the wife had no hair from chemo).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:20:55 AM »

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »
We've gotten into the high 30's before dawn here the last few days. By noon it's up in the mid 70's, so it isn't too bad.
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

It's the upside for the price we pay for Hell In Summer.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 10:35:50 PM »
Uh, if you're planning to swing by my house and rob me blind, yeah, I'm kidding, Otherwise, no, not so much . . .
You dirtbag.  Now I don't know what to think. 

Rastus... I've been re reading my copy of the Art of War, by Sun Tzu.... "all war is deception"
This just messed me all up.  My head is reeling...or is that from the remodeling paint fumes or Pathfinder's response?

Frank...you ain't braggin.  You're enduring.  Better you than me brother.

Timothy...that sucks too.  The low temperature...stop it with the dirty mind.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »
I'll get my revenge when it's 75 degrees and 30% humidity here and some of you guys have 100 degrees (but it's a dry heat ;)) or 90 degrees with 100% humidity. It's a price I'm willing to pay for having all 4 seasons in a year, and 3 of them aren't bad. I once had a neighbor who had it all worked out. He and his wife lived in Michigan from mid-spring until mid-fall, and around Brownsville, TX from mid-fall to mid-spring. No snow or sweltering heat to deal with. But I can only afford one house so I'm not going anywhere.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 06:52:21 AM »

Toasty!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »
It's 15 degrees right now and the forecast has changed a little. There was what looks like a fraction of an inch of snow from in the house, and a 30% chance of more tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk