Author Topic: Deal of the century?  (Read 3536 times)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Deal of the century?
« on: December 08, 2017, 11:28:08 PM »
A couple years ago I traded a Remington 1100 Special Field 20 gauge for an Ithaca/SKB 12 gauge. About a week ago the friend I made the trade with calls me and asks if there is any way I would sell the SKB back to him. I told him no, I've made modifications to it for CAS and I didn't think it would suit him. I then offered him a Savage Fox model B that I had as a spare. I had traded a hammered double for the Fox , It had the lock work completely rebuilt and was a really nice gun. I dropped it off for him to try and he called asking me to stop by because he had questions about it. He wanted the ejectors reinstalled but I didn't have the parts. I took it apart to see what was missing and it seemed like just the springs were removed.He looked through his parts bin and we found a couple springs that would fit, installed them and it worked. He asked me what I wanted for it and I mentioned that he said he was selling his Dillon 650 and what was his asking price. He told me and I offered the shotgun even trade for the 650, and he said yes. I looked it over, it's in perfect shape, has the low powder and primer warning installed and comes set up fpr .45a.c.p.. When I got home I went to the dillon sight and looked up the press set up the same way and it would have cost me $850.00 to buy it new. I'm a very happy camper. What do Y'all think?
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Deal of the century?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 05:46:30 AM »
Good score! You did well.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 07:01:42 AM »
I'm gonna say you cut a fat hog in the ass. 

Since, and I know you can't help it, you are a Yankee, I can translate for you if need be.   ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 07:59:04 AM »
Good deal.   Not so much because of the list price on the Dillon, but because you were more than happy to swap for the Savage.   Your friend is probably thinking the same in reverse. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 08:37:05 AM »
I'm gonna say you cut a fat hog in the ass. 

Since, and I know you can't help it, you are a Yankee, I can translate for you if need be.   ;D

Who are you callin a yankee(spit) I Sir, am an honorary Southern Gentleman, A title bestowed on me by a number of Southern Belles. I'm up here spyin on the yankees(spit) to make sure they don't get any ideas about heading South again.  ;) ;) ;)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:53:39 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
You’re happy, he’s happy!

Nuf said...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »
You’re happy, he’s happy!

Nuf said...

Yep.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 02:52:57 PM »
Sounds like a great deal to me. You both are happy.

I put my primer alarm in the box where it will stay forever. It may serve it's purpose better on a 650 that can really crank out the ammo but on my 550 I didn't need that noise when I still had primers in the tube.
I only process 100 cartridges at a time so when the loading trays are empty, so is the primer tube.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 06:12:57 AM »
Who are you callin a yankee(spit) I Sir, am an honorary Southern Gentleman, A title bestowed on me by a number of Southern Belles. I'm up here spyin on the yankees(spit) to make sure they don't get any ideas about heading South again.  ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, yeah...but do you know what it means to "Cut a fat hog in the ass."?

How did the new 650 work?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
Yeah, yeah...but do you know what it means to "Cut a fat hog in the ass."?

How did the new 650 work?

Of course,
It means I came away with the better end of the deal.
Originally it meant there was a thick layer of fat that once rendered could be used for cooking throughout the year

The 650 works great,I just had to place some lube on the ram, it was very dry and made it harder to run through the cycle, Now it's smooth as it should be,

-Sheriff Jim Wilson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk