Author Topic: Black Friday Sales.  (Read 6948 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Black Friday Sales.
« on: November 22, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
Local gun store (and pawn shop) who does a big business at gun shows, is having a blowout Black Friday sale.   To me the most notable item is the basic 10/22 for $159.   YES!  I'll finally get to start my custom build.   This beats the $169 I was going to pay for a used one at Shoot Straight (Tampa).

I'm wondering does Ruger have a MAP agreement?   Is Ruger under-righting such a discount?  Or is Cherokee Gun Store (Canton, GA) just using this as a loss leader to get people to the store.  Not a great store. More of a greasy pawn shop specializing in contractor tools.   Most of their gun business is at gun shows.

Anybody else got really good deals?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Black Friday Sales.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
This is why I avoid "Black Friday". People are nuts. I think I can live with waiting, and paying a few bucks more. Or else buy after the holidays.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »
not necessarily a "deal" but I ordered one of the Colt M4 lowers from Brownells for $250.... I had a 16" Colt HBAR upper that had been sitting in the safe since it's retirement in 2005, but instead re barreled a real 14.5" Colt M4 barrel on,  pinned and welded the long flash hider to make it 16"... don't know why, but having a fixed sight, plastic hand guard, all Colt was the objective... regards

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 06:26:48 PM »
Sheeit. Some of the people in that food meme could survive months w/o food!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:21:39 PM »
I'm not in the market for any more guns, ammo, or accessories so no good deals for me. From Black Friday until New Year's day one road near me has a crazy amount of traffic. They're Christmas shopping for a month and returning things for a week. I've seen it backed up for 2.5 miles on the way to one of the local shopping malls. Friday I don't plan on going any farther than my sidewalk when I check my mail.

No plans at all for Small Business Saturday, and no big plans for Cyber Monday either, when Americans are expected to spend 4 billion dollars in 1 day.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:43:43 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 06:33:53 AM »

Saved by the ad

Adventure Outdoors (Smyrna, GA, 15,000+ guns in stock) has run an ad that next week they'll meet and knock 5% off any advertised Good Friday PRINT ad.   

Guess what? I saved the Print edition of the paper with the ad from Cherokee Gun. 

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:10:37 AM »
Here's the two ads.

So I can stroll down to Adv Out any time next week and save an additional $8.  No crowds to fight.

Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 09:30:02 AM »

I noticed that too.  I have no doubt they are hard working taxpayers...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 04:45:59 PM »

Heck, that one red-headed "lady" looks like she's trying to take a bite of that other poor lady in the midst of the struggle.  :o :o ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 08:10:24 AM »
don't know if it's too late.. Midway had a free shipping or free hazmat (amount qualified) for BF... ordered 5000 CCI primers, saved the $19 hazmat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk