Author Topic: Tesla Roadster destroys Dodge Demon  (Read 6738 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Tesla Roadster destroys Dodge Demon
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:37:17 PM »
The new Tesla Roadster does 0 to 60 mph in 1.9 seconds (0.4 seconds less than Dodge Demon), 0 to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds (0.9 seconds less than Dodge Demon), 1/4 mile in 8.9 seconds (0.75 seconds less than Dodge Demon), and has a top speed of over 250 mph (more than 80 mph faster than Dodge Demon's electronically limited 168 mph). That's the base model and there may be a faster version coming later. BTW the Tesla Roadster seats 4, and the Dodge Demon comes with only a driver's seat standard to reduce weight. Passenger seats are an option for $1 apiece.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

Re: Tesla Roadster destroys Dodge Demon
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 01:09:30 PM »
Too bad the Tesla is designed and produced by an egomaniacal narcissistic nut bag that thinks that Skynet is reality!

Musk is fargin nuts...and according to his exe’s an asshole!

No, not a Mopar guy...  ;)

joeb1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 02:36:15 PM »
I think I'll take a Demon & Hellcat for the price of a Tesler.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »
I think I'll take a Demon & Hellcat for the price of a Tesler.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Durn right!

Got to slam the throttle on a Hellcat a few years back!

Sent shivers up my spine..,

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 03:16:53 PM »
Owned a car that shut down the ignition at 136mph...

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:29:36 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:59 PM »
My truck will go 99 mph but not 100, and I have no idea what 250+ would be like. The Tesla Roadster will outrun a jet taking off, so I'm sure it would be an experience to remember. It's the first production car to do 0-60 in (barely) under 2 seconds. Anything that takes twice as long to do 0-60 is still fast.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:01:39 PM »
Heck, my 2L turbo does 0-60 in just over 6 seconds!

Fast enuf... 

I did a buck forty on a Kawi 900 back in the seventies!  Scared my 17 yo ass silly!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 06:02:13 PM »
The new Tesla Roadster does 0 to 60 mph in 1.9 seconds (0.4 seconds less than Dodge Demon), 0 to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds (0.9 seconds less than Dodge Demon), 1/4 mile in 8.9 seconds (0.75 seconds less than Dodge Demon), and has a top speed of over 250 mph (more than 80 mph faster than Dodge Demon's electronically limited 168 mph). That's the base model and there may be a faster version coming later. BTW the Tesla Roadster seats 4, and the Dodge Demon comes with only a driver's seat standard to reduce weight. Passenger seats are an option for $1 apiece.

But compare the price. The Tesla is $250,000.00. And good luck getting one. You can get a Hellcat or a Demon for about $85K.... Or less. At most any Chrysler / Dodge  dealership. And don't forget Chrysler is surviving on it's own. Tesla would have boarded up the windows by now without government subsidizing.

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 06:09:13 PM »
99% of drivers would probably not be able to handle any of these HP autos.  Myself included...

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »
electric cars do have 100% tongue from the get go.

I may have my actors mixed up, but I seem to remember Tim Alan told Leno that Tim's mother could out drag Jay in his 600hp crate stock car.  Turns out Tim's mother had a Tesla.  And yeah, Jay ate her dust.

I don't know why, nostalgia maybe, but I want a shift car.  Not many to be found anymore.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk