Author Topic: My Walmart is now selling 16 gauge ammo  (Read 6548 times)

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Walmart is now selling 16 gauge ammo
« on: November 15, 2017, 05:44:05 PM »
I haven't been complaining about doing the grocery shopping now that our Walmart is selling Federal 16 gauge ammo. Love those purple shells.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: My Walmart is now selling 16 gauge ammo
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:23 PM »
Cool... I like a 16ga.

The wife and I were in two different Sam's clubs last week and both had a couple of pallets of Federal shotgun shells for $48 per case. The thought never occurred to look for any of it was 16ga.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:23:19 PM »
As a kid I always held those shotguns referred to as "Sweet 16's"
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 01:32:04 PM »
As a kid I always held those shotguns referred to as "Sweet 16's"

My landlady had a Browning circa 1950’s “Sweet Sixteen” of her husbands.  Tried to get it appraised so I could buy it from them.

She gave it her nephew....

Durn relatives!!!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 01:34:26 PM »
My landlady had a Browning circa 1950’s “Sweet Sixteen” of her husbands.  Tried to get it appraised so I could buy it from them.

She gave it her nephew....

Durn relatives!!!

Like they said. You can pick your friends. You can pick your a$$. But you can't pick your relatives!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:22:27 AM »

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 05:38:43 AM »
I've been looking at some RST non-toxic shot to have on hand for areas where you have to use it.
Kind of $$ but I would be shooting all that much of that stuff.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:25:45 AM »
The hardest kicking gun I have is my dad's old 16 gauge Mossberg bolt action.  I dunno why...maybe because it's a straight stock or maybe because as a kid I was "concerned" about the kick.  It is a gun from a different time but I like it a lot and I like the 16 gauge...I'd kind of forgotten about it.

I have a 20 gauge coach gun and the obligatory 12's.  Now...hmmm, I have a quest for a 16 gauge just because of this post. 

The gun companies really should advertise here more....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 08:36:45 AM »
I looked long and hard at buying the Browning Upland Special in 16 ga a few years back.  I was disappointed in the Asian build and fit and finish!

I may look again.  I don’t hunt much with my Wingmaster in 12 ga so maybe a change is in order.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:10 AM »
I get what you're saying about fit and finish.  That's another good reason to buy a used gun.  I have just won a Gunbroker auction for a Rem 1100 in .410...I hope it's as nice as the pictures show.  I've only had one bad experience and that was from a pawn shop in Florida.  I was not able to provide the justifiable bad feedback because I waited to long to pick it up from the FFL being out-of-town and such.

Right now, I think the Remington 740's (742's...whatever) are the best value in the used gun market.  You can get a used one in pretty good shape for $300 and great shape for $350.  Now, there are a lot of them out there for a lot more but right now they are depressed in the market so you can get a "steal".  I just picked up one in 30-06 with a scope for $290 including shipping.  I'll need to post some pics when I get time.

I would say 98% of all guns (that aren't 22 plinkers) have not had more than 100 rounds or so through them....that's nothing.  It's all a matter of how they were handled and cared for.  In my book, used ain't used with a low round count weapon that's been well cared for.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 05:11:27 PM »
Rastus, those Remington 1100's are great guns.
My uncle had one in 16ga and he let me keep it to hunt doves with from when I was 14 until I could afford my own shotgun (Ithaca 37). After I returned it to hi I don't think he shot it much because when he died in 2010, the 100 and several boxes of the shells I gave him when I returned it were all in his closet.
My aunt asked me if I wanted the gun along with the handful of others he owned. I said I'd rather go on and give it to my younger son who had great relationship with him (more like a grandfather than an uncle).
I kept the Baby Browning pistol, a Remington .22lr bolt action, and my favorite: an Ithaca 66 single shot .410 (first shotgun I ever shot, my uncle loaned it to me to hunt squirrels).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk