Author Topic: Thanks for nothing Pete Brownell  (Read 1826 times)

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks for nothing Pete Brownell
« on: October 27, 2017, 11:21:50 AM »
Anyone else read the newly minted nra Presidents letter?
Titled We must stop the decline of hunting.
The highlighted paragraph they wanted to draw focus to:

"It is our Second Amendment right to own firearms that guarantee our freedom to hunt"

.... freedom to hunt.... Thanks for not understanding at all Pete - I am losing faith in the nra hourly
I guess The Great Oz wayne "I work for the gun industry not the members" lapierre wants his Pinocchio to parrot.

Not about rights or guns or liberty - but hunting.   

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
Re: Thanks for nothing Pete Brownell
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »
WTF are they doing?
I can somewhat (not really) understand the "deflecting" the bump stock issue but once again they are dancing around instead of address an issue head-on. IMHO
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »
Without reading that page I don't know what context it was in. Without the Second Amendment our right to own firearms that are used to hunt with or to use in any other way wouldn't be guaranteed.

I think the leadership was wrong supporting a ban on bump stocks, but that issue is dead in the water, whether they were for or against it. It was a move to say we support "reasonable gun control" and it didn't have any impact except as publicity saying we aren't unreasonable. They're just playing political games and it may not have been a bad idea after all.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 11:00:36 PM »
Hunting is a primary way many Americans use their firearms. It is our Second Amendment right to own firearms that guarantees our right to hunt. Unlike any other nation in the world, we have this freedom because our Second Amendment right guarantees the personal ownership and use of firearms.

"Not about rights or guns or liberty - but hunting." I don't think he's the one who doesn't understand.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:01:02 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk