Author Topic: I'm Afraid Tom Was Right  (Read 12745 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: I'm Afraid Tom Was Right
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »
One really, really, really, really disadvantage of FB is that you can not sell, or mention selling firearms.  Plus there are trolls, who at the slightest non-PC language will complain to FB and potentially shut you down.

I would last about 5 minutes in that environment.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 06:14:06 PM »
like many have posted, I check in a couple of times a day...hopefully contributing something of interest technically...the shooting sports have been good to me... 35+years of good friends... sadly many of them like me are getting a little slow and too crippled up to run and gun with the young kids... we jokingly refer to ourselves as the "mature PCC squad"... and speaking of PCC (pistol caliber carbine for USPSA) is still gives us old guys a place to shoot and have fun.. if you still haven't tried it, give it a chance

Les

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 07:04:57 PM »
Facebook has been killing forums for years now.   :-[

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 07:18:52 PM »
Facebook has been killing forums for years now.   :-[

Yeah....I never subscribed to that thing because of the personal data tracking issues. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

I'm Afraid Tom Was Right
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »
Yeah....I never subscribed to that thing because of the personal data tracking issues.

No shite!

I was looking at some Justin boots on Amazon earlier and when I took a look at my wife’s FB page to see a pic of my granddaughter, an Amazon add with the same boots I was looking at popped up...

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:01:45 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 10:04:53 PM »
The biggest draw about fb is that it is more instantaneous than most forums in the interaction between folks.

I use both, but prefer the forum format over fb simply because we self-policed and it worked well even at the height of member activity.

I still check in every day if I can and sometime more than that.....just not many posts to comment on.  :(

I think I'll go post on the reloading board about my recent score on powder.  :D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 11:19:51 PM »
No shite!

I was looking at some Justin boots on Amazon earlier and when I took a look at my wife’s FB page to see a pic of my granddaughter, an Amazon add with the same boots I was looking at popped up...

I don't think I would have that kind of problem if I was on Facebook. I have the latest version of Firefox with add-ons to protect my privacy. Better Privacy has been removed from Firefox's site by its author but can still be found other places if you want to risk downloading it from any of them. Privacy Badger is still around and will let you know who's trying to track you. Blur, formerly known as DoNotTrackMe, by Abine, blocks trackers plus does so much more. I run all 3 add-ons at the same time and it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Also I quit using Google and switched to Ixquick as my search engine. Google gathers a lot of private information about you and sells it to anyone who wants it. Ixquick will give you Google search results except there aren't any targeted ads trying to manipulate you based on your private information. You just get the results Google should have if they weren't spying on you. I highly recommend everyone switch to Ixquick. DuckDuckGo is another search engine that doesn't track you.

https://www.ixquick.com/

https://duckduckgo.com/

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

https://dnt.abine.com
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 06:14:58 AM »
I use duckduckgo as my search engine.  Our IT guy uses it.....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »
Look at today's activity!!!

Keep it up and maybe we can change the Title to   

IT'S ALIVE!!
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 07:50:54 PM »
Look at today's activity!!!

Keep it up and maybe we can change the Title to   

IT'S ALIVE!!

Indeed....just a few "regulars" posting regularly does make a difference.
There are a lot lookers (you can look at topic views per thread to see it), just very few posters.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk