Author Topic: B O Y C O T T - T H E - N F L - & - E S P N  (Read 10046 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: B O Y C O T T - T H E - N F L - & - E S P N
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 10:01:22 AM »
Stopped watching the NFL and cancelled my Sunday Ticket over this mess. 

CD
back in Afghanistan

Send us an address.  We might be able to dredge up a gift basket or something.  Something with ham or bacon or other pork, of course....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »
Stay safe.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »
As of next season 15 yard penitaly, turns out it was hurting their bottom line.   What a shock.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
Gee...how could they see that one coming....   :o

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 12:20:49 PM »
Too little...too late.

Making a move this far after the fact shows a band-aid mentality and removes all genuineness and sincerity in my humble opinion.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:47:21 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 09:53:57 AM »
Too little...too late.

It does stink of, "let's see how this flies and then adjust our policy."
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 07:03:58 AM »
Several years ago the Minnesota Vikings hired a head coach named Les Steckel.  Les followed Bud Grant, and brought with him the same work ethic and professionalism that many of the great coaches carried.  However, he lasted less than a season, and the team brought Bud back for a short period.

Bud Grant, upon his return to retirement, stated that the players had changed, and that he could not coach in the current atmosphere.

Bud would start each season and each practice with "the basics."  He also included the National Anthem in practice every week:  Standing at straight and erect, along the sideline (can't remember if it was heels or toes on the line), heels together with toes angled out, helmet under one arm (I can't recall hand on hear or not), and looking up at the flag.  No talking, no swaying, no gum chewing, etc.

Team sports are just like the military:  There are no individuals, and everything everybody does is for the good of the team.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 09:20:14 AM »
If you work for me and represent my brand (whatever that might be at the time) I certainly have a right to expect you to not bring dishonor to the brand.   

This includes what you do, say and post on social media as well as how you look and act when representing the brand.   And the more "public" the brand, especially in entertainment (sports), then the more you're "on."  You're representing that brand 24/7.

It's not just about putting the go-zin-ta into the right widget, or blocking a blitzer, or catching a hail Mary, or getting the load to its destination on time.  It's about representing the brand.   You're the 3rd assistant pencil pusher in an administrative office and nobody outside your cubicle knows who you work for, then feel free to act stupid outside of work.   But if you're part of the face of the brand, then suck it up or find another job.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 12:50:44 PM »
Man, I’m the undereducated, third turd assistant to the assistant turd to the Johnson and Wales engineer with part time supervision!

I’m golden!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2018, 08:48:54 PM »
And I'm still not watching any NFL games....   ;D

I don't miss them one bit either.   8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk