Author Topic: Houston  (Read 6224 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Houston
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
.......However, it sure would be nice if the bigoted news media would point out how white conservatives were left to fend for themselves and to save their own hides by the leftist Obama administration just a year ago.

Don't forget the fact it took Obama 2 WEEKS after the fact to first arrive at the site of the BP oil spill. The liberal Obama ass kissing media never mentioned that fact. But they wasted zero time jumping right in to criticize Melania's shoes. The liberals always manage to walk around with their minds in another room.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 07:45:10 PM »
But they wasted zero time jumping right in to criticize Melania's shoes.

Shoes?  Never noticed.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 12:44:44 PM »
I'm struck by the contrast of the federal response to the Houston area floods versus the floods in Louisiana a year ago.  In Louisiana 150,000 homes were flooded, most without flood insurance from a once in a thousand year weather event.  There was some press on the event...most of which was focused on trying to slime Trump when he went down to see what was going on during the campaign.

With Trump, there is a machine working to help ALL OF THE PEOPLE around Houston.  The "dumb ass redneck conservatives" from Louisiana didn't get that treatment from Obama.  To be sure, there was federal disaster help AFTER THE FACT.  As far as having a federal presence initially to help people...not so much.

I think the people in Houston need to be helped right now.  However, it sure would be nice if the bigoted news media would point out how white conservatives were left to fend for themselves and to save their own hides by the leftist Obama administration just a year ago.

Not only is the government working smoothly, but look what the worthless conservatives are doing to help themselves and their neighbors.  This is what was envisioned by Pres. Reagan and Pres. GHWB when they started us down the road to lower taxes with the intent we would help ourselves, our families, and our neighbors (We know better how to spend our money than the government does).

Things must be settling down in Houston, because last night and this morning I saw a return to talk about Russia, shorty and his bottle rockets, and outrage that Pres. DJT want's to tie the debt ceiling to a $billion+ relief package.

Did anyone notice how quickly the bashing slowed and refocused when State and Local officials contradicted the MSM on the Pres's visit and concern for the region?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »
I noticed.  Government can never mobilize enough to pull people's "fat from the fire".  You'd have to build a city as large or nearly as large as the one that needs help to have enough people to do the job that local volunteers do.   People who do not think believe the government needs to have all the resources necessary for anything and within 24 hours....that's just silly and ignorant.

For instance, a city of 500,000 needs what....say 100,000 responders to act and supply chain in a disaster.  How do you get 100,000 there in 24-48 hours...well heck, they need to live in easy driving distance so within 250-300 miles.  So for a city of 500,000 you need to build a city for 100,000 paid government responders so with their families you are up to 400,000 and then support and supply for the responders and their families add another 100-200 thousand. 

So the relief for a city takes something the size of that city within 250-300 miles...there goes the remaining half of your paycheck...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk