Author Topic: '94 Lever Action  (Read 8859 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
Re: '94 Lever Action
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
Getting a gun made in the year you were born would be cool, but my M94 was made in 1994 with 1894-1994 stamped on the receiver like this one. https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/winchester-model-94-carbine-centennial-1894-1994th-13661726.html

How about a new Henry rifle or carbine? If you don't like the brass receiver they have a silver colored aluminum-bronze alloy, steel, or hard chromed steel. The steel version is 1.68 lbs. less than the original brass. The pistol calibers include the 3 usual ones plus .327 Federal Magnum and .41 Magnum. https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/henry-big-boy-steel/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »
Glad to see they are making steel receivers now.  A friend of mine destroyed a brass receiver on his 4-wheeler some how....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 04:25:45 PM »
Yea, I keep forgetting about Henry!

Made here and on occasion, for a reasonable price.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 07:54:20 AM »
I have a blued Rossi in .357 that I love. I've done some action work on it and it's a really nice shooter now. I do gallery matches and took 3rd place against guys shooting old single shot long barrel stuff. (AND I'm not a very good shot).  A Rossi will clean up real nice for you.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 11:32:42 AM »
I have a blued Rossi in .357 that I love. I've done some action work on it and it's a really nice shooter now. I do gallery matches and took 3rd place against guys shooting old single shot long barrel stuff. (AND I'm not a very good shot).  A Rossi will clean up real nice for you.

Jay, I've got the same gun in stainless and I love the way it shoots.  Made a couple of mods like a ghost ring sight to accommodate old eyes and an aluminum follower to replace the plastic one.  Deepwater turned one on a metal lathe and was nice enough to give it to me.  There are a couple of places online where you can get one ready made.  I just didn't think the stock plastic would hold up over time.  Other than those two little mods, I think it's a great gun for the money.  And .38 Special saves some dough at the range.

FWIW,

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:35:40 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 07:12:33 AM »
Crusader,
If I had the dough for duplicates, I'd get the thing in stainless too because it's a load of fun to shoot.I bought a video from Steve's Gunz, broke it down, and trimmed up the action and trigger. Also bought a stainless follower from him. It's a fine shooter at this point.

www.bluebone.net

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 05:51:58 AM »
Stop it.  You guys are going to make me buy a gun.  Dagnabit.... if you don't stop you'll be causing me to drain my retirement.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 06:22:28 AM »
Stop it.  You guys are going to make me buy a gun.  Dagnabit.... if you don't stop you'll be causing me to drain my retirement.
BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!

www.bluebone.net

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »

What are you going to do with all that money when the bottom falls out of the economy?  Might as well have a .357 lever. Right?

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 07:08:14 PM »
OK.  I'll bid it...allright.  Sheesh...give a guy a break.   :o

The things I do for you guys.......   8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk