Author Topic: Gun Podcasts  (Read 9694 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 559
Re: Gun Podcasts
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 09:19:20 PM »
Just tryin' to help you out.  Don't want you to catch a heart attack or run into a stroke....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 09:49:45 PM »
Yea, like I'm old or sumpin...  I've been run over by a van!  I'm bulletproof...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1021
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2017, 12:10:53 AM »
I can't recall ever listening to a podcast of any type ever, not even MB's. I'd much rather watch videos than listen to someone talking. When I was working I was required to wear earplugs during all work hours and radios, MP3 players, etc. weren't allowed. Otherwise I might have listened back then, but now that I'm not working I watch videos, and not from any specific source. If I watched any regularly it might be Forgotten Weapons or Hickok45 on YouTube, maybe even FPSRussia if I was desperate, but that would be after I run out of movies and TV shows to watch. I'm still interested in what you guys listen to.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2017, 05:32:51 AM »
The thing I like about podcasts is that I can listen to them when I'm piddling around.  If I'm cleaning guns, or soldering some wire or just doing something that is more or less mindless I can listen while I work.  Video's...I guess I could just listen to them whilst working away but I've never used them in a setting where I am actually doing something.

Timothy

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
I got hooked listening on my 50 mile commutes.  The radio in New England blows and streaming services were eating up my data plan.

Finding something to listen to while driving is nice.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 09:49:44 PM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »
That exactly right Timothy.  I forgot about that since my commutes for the last 2 decades have had me in a job where I was on the phone about work from doorstep to doorstep.  I used to save up 1/2 dozen or so of MB's podcasts for my trip down home....10 hours one way. 

BAC

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
Been listening to The WW2 Podcast with a chap called Angus Wallace since last night.  Pretty good so far.  He has a lot of authors on to talk about their books about WW2 stories.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk