Author Topic: Dodgy bad guys  (Read 1571 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Dodgy bad guys
« on: July 15, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
What do you do when the bad guy keep bobbing around behind a victim?

Well we need to practice that scenario.  Hence I give you the 2 target, one no-shoot swinger.  The metal popper starts the whole thing.     I shot this twice last week.

https://youtu.be/B6yEHpaEEGs

So wait:  If you don't shoot this target at all, or should I say don't hit it at all, you'd be 20 seconds down for the 4 Misses.  Hitting the NS is a 5 second penalty.   Everybody wasted at least 20 second shooting this sucker!   In ICORE there's no Failure To Engage like there is in USPSA.  NORMALLY in ICORE shoot throughs don't count.  But in this one the RM said they do.

Option one is to blast away at this thing as it swings.   20 Seconds
Option two:  Don't shoot it at all.   20 seconds.
Option three:  finish the rest of the course.   The two targets and NS will all be aligned and almost not moving.   Put two rounds through the whole mess.  Get two Alphas on both targets and incur a 10 second penalty for the NSs.   Time wasted?  Maybe 2 or 3 seconds.   13 down.

BUT normally ICORE says, shoot throughs don't count.

So again, wait until the they stop moving then put two shots through the front target.   The holes in the NS don't count because they're shoot throughs.  You incur 10 second penalty for the two misses on the back target, because again they're shoot throughs.

Ramblings from my birthday weekend.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dodgy bad guys
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »
Alf... I'd shoot the rear target first as it clears, then the front target as it clears

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Dodgy bad guys
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »
Yeah, Les,

We're a bunch of old age and middle division shooters.    None of us shot it like the pros would have.

I don't think anybody expended less than 15 seconds on it.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk