Author Topic: Proud Husband  (Read 3292 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Proud Husband
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »
we rented one, the grip was too big for her hand.( she uses size 7 glove for work, which is considered extra small for us normal folks. )  she is super protective of her hands.( I would be too)  we went thru about 40 or so guns before she decided on the m1c.  I was hoping my youth 1100 20 ga would work, but anything bigger then light target loads she did not like.  she was not a gun person when we met.  which makes sense as she worked at a childrens hospital, and was putting them back together then ones that had been shot in shit hole known as Oakland.  hard to be pro gun when several times a month you are putting a young child back together after being shot.  more so when you lost one on the table.

once I took her out and showed her they were not evil, it changed her mind.

there are 3 kinds of anti gun people.

1 libtards that hate guns no mater what, you can't change them, don't waste your time.

2 those that have no exp with them, only what they see on the news/ movies( these normally convert to pro gun)

3 those that had a bad exp with gun( rare to convert, but often you can get them back to neutral.)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
The best advice I can give you is take her too the.range, rent everything she is.intrested in and don't let "what you would pick" influence her.

That is almost what I did, we don't have anywhere that rents guns to shoot nearby.  I just suggested she stick with a known quantity, like S&W/SIG/Glock/Ruger/H&K/Springfield Armory, no sub-compacts, and she held quite a few before spying the Battleworn G19 and that was it. 
He who dares wins.  SAS

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1436
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »
Ya gotta love wives that understand the need for protection and to be able to protect themselves. My wife already owned a G-17 when we got married and since she has bought, in order, a G-17, and last a G-43.

One thing I will say is women do have a LOT harder time finding accessories to carry their firearm. If they don't want to carry in a purse their on body selections are somewhat limited. Since their body build is so different (Viva la difference) it has been almost impossible to find something for her that is comfortable for concealed use. She has settled on the lingerie style holsters for now. Works for me.

It really is good for me to know she is fully capable of protecting herself should she need to and I am not around. I have never tried to influence her choice in firearms (I am still a 1911 fan) and we are now in the process of buying a few acres to build on in an area where we can shoot in our own backyard. At least as soon as I can build a proper backstop.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »
She asked me last night if we had any 9mm ammo left in the house, we do but it is all Defense ammo loaded up in my two pistols.  So we made another trip down to Sportsman's Warehouse and she picked out some Hornady Critical Defense 100gr Lite (pink label and all), two boxes will give her enough for two mags and to put a couple mags through it as well.  When we got home my Dillon 9mm conversion kit was sitting on the porch and I just ordered 5000 bullets from X-Treme (4000 115g RN, 500 124g HP and 147g FN), with the 8lbs of Bullseye I should be good other than primers... next trip or I'll let her search online for the best deal (she likes that stuff).

Now to get the Reloading room set up in my daughter's old room and train her on the art of pulling the handle, rotating the 550 dial and placing the bullets  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk