Poll

Where will the price settle out for 500 round 22LR bricks (Jan. 2018 or later) provided nothing tramatic upsets the 22 LR and general ammunition market.

$15 or less
0 (0%)
$15-$20
3 (21.4%)
$20-$25
7 (50%)
$25-$30
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: 500 Round Bricks of 22 LR  (Read 18471 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
Re: 500 Round Bricks of 22 LR
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2017, 09:47:24 AM »
Just purchased 1,500 rounds of Aguila .22lr HVSP 40gr for $25.99 per brick with free shipping from Sportsman Guide.  A friend gave (loaned) me a brick to try first.  Not for my bullseye or smallbore, but fun plinking, and good enough for squirrel and rabbit ... moose may take bigger.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
I read something within the last 2 days about Aguila .22 ammo. One guy said he had a failure to fire in each of 2 50 round boxes he tried. Mostly I've heard good things about it and thought free shipping would make it worth it if you don't have to pay sales tax.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2017, 06:27:05 AM »
Just purchased 1,500 rounds of Aguila .22lr HVSP 40gr for $25.99 per brick <snip?

That equivalent to $8.67 for a brick.  That's unbelievable.....I like it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »
That equivalent to $8.67 for a brick.  That's unbelievable.....I like it.

You go and get your MBA old man?  $25.99 per brick (500 rounds).  Don't feel bad, because I made a typo:  I purchased five bricks!  2,500 rounds!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »
There you go pickin' on the old guys.  I misread you had bought 1500 rounds for $25.99.....

Don't lump me in there with those accounting types now....c'mon.   :o

That wasn't a super price then....oh well....but it ain't a bad price either.

What's confusing me is that the centerfire ammo is cheaper now than 6-7 years ago with the rebates.  I suspect all the personal stocking up caught up with the sellers and they need to drop the price to move.  I guess we haven't seen that in 22LR yet.  But it'll be coming soon I think.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 04:49:10 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2017, 07:27:59 AM »
It isn't great, but it is moving in the right direction.  This is close to 20% less than last spring. 

I'm looking back a decade now to when gas in our area had dropped to a buck a gallon.  Then, it shot up to $2.75 in a matter of a few weeks.  Sitting with an old friend at the local C store drinking coffee, eating donuts, and telling lies, he looked at us all and said the best thing about this increase was that when it dropped to $1.85 we would jump for joy ... He was right!

I still have some Federal "milk carton" 525 packs that I bought for $8.99, but I'm jumping for joy over my current purchase.  Maybe it is because my beloved CCI standard velocity is still over $45.00 a brick on the local shelves  :'(

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
I saw 500 round bricks of .22 lr at WallyWorld yesterday for $22.50.  So, yes, absolutely moving in the right direction.

Of course, that was plus tax, so around here that's a bit over $24 for the brick.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »
In the poll I voted that the price would settle to $20-$25 for a 500 round brick by January 2018 (or later), but it could easily drop to under $20 sometime next year. I still don't need any but would like to see sub-$20 prices anyway.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk