Poll

Where will the price settle out for 500 round 22LR bricks (Jan. 2018 or later) provided nothing tramatic upsets the 22 LR and general ammunition market.

$15 or less
0 (0%)
$15-$20
3 (21.4%)
$20-$25
7 (50%)
$25-$30
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: 500 Round Bricks of 22 LR  (Read 18419 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
500 Round Bricks of 22 LR
« on: July 08, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
I can find 500 round bricks at $30 now.  There is some ambiguity now because we have 325 round bricks, 525 round bricks, etc.  I just saw 525 round brick on Palmetto State Armory for $29.99 or 5.7 cents a round. 

So....let's just say for the old 500 round bricks to be the standard of comparison.  Before this last craziness $14 was a good price....around 2.8 cents a round.  I'm thinking we'll get down to about 3.7 cents a round or $18.50 a brick sometimes 1 qtr of 2018...after main hunting season and the holidays.

Whaddya' think?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: 500 Round Bricks of 22 LR
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:22:19 AM »
It is all on Trump's doorstep!

Reopen lead mines, loosen overreaching barriers (OSHA, BATFE, DOT, etc.), And deal with anti Second Amendment elected and appointed not sure.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »
The price increase was due to supply and demand,while some people here were paying up to $75.00 a brick, a friend up in Canada was telling me there was no shortage up there with the shelves fully stocked and regular prices.The fact that people were willing to pay the higher prices will most likely lead to .22 ammo being in the $30-35 a brick of 500 price as the new "Normal". Hopefully I'm wrong,but that's the way I see it.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 04:45:52 PM »
It will eventually come down, but it's going to take some time. I've seen reloadable brass 9 MM under $10.00 a box. And .45 ACP under $14.00. Those are pre Obama prices. Lead shot is right around $30.00 @ 25 pound bag. Which is also down from $50.00+ during the Obama administration.

As was mentioned, .22 ammo is all over the map, because amounts are all over the map. 325, 500, 525, and 550 round bulk boxes are everywhere. Then you have the Remington 1,400 round, "Bucket-O-Bullets". So you have to figure everything back to a price per round, in order to be able to do a realistic comparison.

Another thing are all the different grades of .22 ammo now available. You have bulk, Mini Mag, and other high velocity. Then you have the ultra high velocity stuff like Stinger's and Velociter's. Then you have all the subsonic and novelty ammo like CB Long, 60 Grain Agulia, Colibri primer powered loads, Piney Mountain Tracer Loads, and the like. If that isn't bad enough, you also have all of the high end target ammo, that can run higher than most center fire per round. I've seen ultra premium .22 L.R. target ammo as high as $20.00 @ box of 50.

All of this makes pricing extremely confusing from back in the days when you bought either Winchester Western / Super X, Remington / Peters, or Federal by the 500 round brick. And it was all within a few cents of each other.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:42:56 AM »
Right now the consensus is $23.125 per 500 rd brick...that's 4.625 cents per round.

I picked the mid range and weight averaged based on the number of votes.  I'd like sub $20...but $23.13 a brick would be especially tolerable right now.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:10:31 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »
I have to pass all these deals up. 

Having found the one brand that shoots in my .22s with outstanding accuracy, YMMV, why would I won't to throw money away buying something that won't group well? 

Guess which brand I buy?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »
Alf,

I have good luck with CCI Standard Velocity as well, in most all of my .22's.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 05:35:37 PM »
That's one thing I've found out long ago...22's are sometimes vveeerrrryyyy finicky about what they eat.  I have a Matchmaster that makes one hole sighted in at 45 yards (works best for me) using cheap Remington gold but can't hit a 5 gallon bucket at 25 yards with dynapoints.

However, I do buy the bulk and use it for training.  I alternate centerfire pistol with the rimfire to catch myself drifting into bad habits....

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 11:04:31 PM »
I have found that rifles are less finicky than handguns.  While I do find that there is a slight improvement with some over others, it isn't like the variations with a handgun.  I think it has to do with length of time in the barrel and the stabilizing affect that gives.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
During some downtime this noon I did some web research.  Cheapest I found with several suppliers was six cents per, or $30 per 500.  I also found a lot of offers that are out of stock and out of stock with no backorder.  This tells me that the demand is still out pacing supply, and we have a little more wait for deflation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk