Author Topic: Muzzle BREAKS & other things you can't stand  (Read 11110 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Muzzle BREAKS & other things you can't stand
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:28:58 PM »
I couldn't count the number of times I've seen advertisements for muzzle BREAKS instead of muzzle BRAKES. If your muzzle breaks you better fix it. I decided years ago that I'm not buying a muzzle brake from any company that can't even spell it it right. My reasoning is that if they're too stupid to spell a simple word like brake correctly I shouldn't have any faith in their ability to design an effective one. Remington talking about their ultimate sheep rifle said it has a muzzle break on it. Come on Remington! After 200+ years in the firearm business you should know what the heck a muzzle brake is. If I see one more muzzle break ad I'm going to scream.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

Re: Muzzle BREAKS & other things you can't stand
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 06:03:17 AM »
Isn't that the same as not buying HK because they load their bullets backwards ?
You're blaming a manufacturer for the action of some contracted PR firm.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:40:05 AM »
Somebody at the parent company had to sign off on that copy. 

PR firms don't get to release stuff on their own. 

When it comes to firearms related items, a release needs to go through "legal" as well as corporate before it hits the streets.

Problem is, the snowflakes at corporate and legal have the advantage of a "top notch education" at a liberal university which means they are truly ignorant about things like spelling and syntax.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:48:54 AM »
Hey CR, you realize spell check isn't on your list ?  😁

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 11:26:46 AM »
Hey CR, you realize spell check isn't on your list ?  😁

Pffft....hu neads a spel chekker enyway?  ;D

I agree with Jumbo..... using break instead of brake is a major pet peeve of mine.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:30:30 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 12:29:12 PM »
News papers and a lot of others NEED spell check, they just don't use it.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:03:57 PM »
In this era of consumers who are deeply passionate about the industry and its products, companies need to be extra vigilant about the information they put out.  The industry itself needs to lead the way in using the proper terminology in a way it informs and educates.  Look at what Larry Potterfield (Midway USA) and Brownells are doing with their videos.

What is a short list of my pet peeves?
Bullet vs. Cartridge
Bullet vs. Shot shell
Clip vs. Magazine
Pistol vs. Revolver

My list is much longer, but then we risk the danger of everyone glazing over.
BB's vs. Shot (when talking sizes other than BB)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 04:01:39 PM »
Isn't that the same as not buying HK because they load their bullets backwards ?
You're blaming a manufacturer for the action of some contracted PR firm.

I am blaming the manufacturer because it's their website and they're responsible for what's on it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »
Of eight or tens guys I work with that shoot or hunt, those of us who use correct nomenclature are Vets...  about half!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 08:54:47 PM »
Something that doesn't bother me but still doesn't make any sense is I see a lot is flattop M4s or M16s with no scope and no rear sight either. I see a lot of M4s like that in movies and TV shows, especially TV, and wonder how can they aim? They're blasting away at the enemy without a rear sight to aim with. That's way down on my pet peeve list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk