Author Topic: This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised  (Read 8474 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:00:36 AM »
Last Saturday while we were in Chicago for the S-I-L's birthday party, the wives went to a dance recital ... We didn't!  We stayed back to get ready for the party, and of course you need to be able to open beer bottles at a proper party  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1NYqWAeY_A
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:10:49 AM »
Better use would have been too give it too this bottle opener for your party.
https://youtu.be/Hao-HgIbP1s
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 12:46:39 PM »
Well, that's one way to do it. If you ever need a bottle opener and don't have one, give me the $100 bill and I'll buy you 1/2 dozen openers.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
TAB - That is great for twist tops, but .... Oh, I've got nothing to go against letting her fight with a regular cap for a while.

jumbofrank - But, I still have the hundred, and I drank the beer  8)  The knife and tongs were the quickest way to open bottles through the night.  I can pop them quicker with either than you can get an opener over the cap.  Still trying to master doing it with the plastic cap on a water bottle.  Watched one guy do it on several bottles, but none of us could master that one.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »
Gotta use the second  knuckle as a fulcrum.  I can open a beer with just about anything.  Too many years behind the bar...

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:21:47 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 03:32:08 PM »
No NO NO.

A bottle opener should be part of your EDC.   No need for time consuming "tricks".   

You guys are so...  so... just not hip.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
A bottle opener IS part of me EDC, it's called whatever is in my pocket...

The nicked up end o my Kershaw, fer example!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 05:22:54 PM »
Hook one of the points of the bottle cap on the edge of a table or other sturdy horizontal surface with the bottom of the bottle at the low point and then  rap sharply with side of your fist of the top of the cap

This guy talks enough to allow you to open a case of beer...but he finally gets around to it..

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
just a thought, you either are not married or stole that hundy from your wifes purse.   all married men know hundred dollar bills are fake.  her money is her money, my money is her money.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 01:39:19 PM »
Between the C note or the boobs, the C note is probably far less expensive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk